𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Wiping her sweaty hands against the pants of her scrubs, Delaney stopped in on Carol. The older woman was awake now, and Dr. Edwards was checking her over one last time, making sure there was no life threatening thing he'd missed whilst she'd been unconscious. As soon as Carol's eyes spotted Delaney standing in the door way, she gasped, her eyes seeking as they looked her up and down, "You get hit by a car too?" 

Delaney snorted, her hand creeping around her ribs at the blooming ache. Dr. Edwards looked between the two of them curious, "You know one another?" 

"Barely - "

" - yes." 

Delaney and Carol met gazes at their differing answers, though the older of the two broke into a gentle smile. "Daryl was going out of his mind...you were here?" Carol winced as the IV was taken out of her inner arm, Dr. Edwards busying himself so that he didn't look too interested in the conversation, "What happened?" 

Delaney walked into the room, doing a brief sweep of it, before locating Carol's clothes folded in a pile on the nearby counter. She stepped over to them, "Tha' usual." Was her poor response, "Fightin' the dead, gettin' fucked over by the livin'."  She lifted the clothes into her arm and turned to where Carol was agreeing with her words with a nod of her head, her blue eyes darting to the stranger a few paces away from them.

"We did help you - " He sighed, looking over to where Delaney was glaring his direction following his comment. 

"Ya people hit me with a car." She blandly stated in response, "I dint need savin' till you came along." Rolling her eyes, irritated but trying not to dwell on the fact that she wasn't going to be leaving any time soon, she turned to Carol. "Mind gettin' out so she can get dressed?" He fumbled for a second before apologizing, leaving them both behind the closed door. Once they were alone, Delaney did a sweep of Carol and sighed, "Ya okay?" 

"Been better." Was the answer, "You?"

"They broke my wrist and ribs..." Delaney announced breathing shallowly. She set the clothes down beside Carol, "This place is a fuckin' nightmare." With a frown, Carol looked her up and down once more, her fingers barely brushing the bloody cast on Delaney's wrist, "Lets get ya dressed." 

For a moment the mundane task of helping someone dress was enough to keep Carol quiet.  Delaney helped her out of the gown and back into her clothes she'd arrived in, softy apologizing when Carol winced at pain in her shoulder. The door to the room was knocked on and seconds later, Beth's head popped into the room with a bright smile. Even with her cuts and her bruises, Beth radiated sunshine energy. She closed the door behind her and smiled at them both, "You both okay?" She came over, her hand sliding into Delaney's, Carol noted. Delaney wordlessly squeezed the hand in response, 

"Getting out of here." Carol flashed a smile at the two of them, "You planning on going in your scrubs?" She gestured with a wince to Delaney who was still decked out in her blue uniform, unlike them both. 

"Haven't had tha' chance ta change." She lied, scoffing. "Shut up and get in the chair - " Reaching out, both she and Beth helped Carol sit herself down into the wheel chair, the younger of them all worrying over Carol's wincing pain. 

Those gorgeous big blue eyes turned to Delaney secondly, "I told you." Beth smiled, "We're all gonna get out together. You're gonna see Daryl again and I'll see Maggie." Delaney leveled her with a look, brow arching and Beth swung her attention to Carol, "She was gettin' a bit pessimistic."