Special Brownies

"I'll show him...he won't tell me no again!"

17 year old Matthew Brimsby was beyond angry...he was beyond furious even. Thanks to his dad, who had punished him for something that wasn't even really his fault, he wasn't going to be allowed to go with him to the IAC set for the weekend.

His ridiculous suspension from school for 3 days and being kicked off the rugbyteam for the remainder of the season for holding his friend's pot for him hadn't been enough punishment. No...of course his parents had to make it even worse by canceling his weekend on the set of IAC, where he had hoped to rub elbows with some of the top movers and shakers in the local film industry.

He could have made connections, with his dad's help. These connections would have looked good on his university application...especially since he hadn't been arrested for the incident. But now those hopes had been dashed by his father.

Matt's only true saving grace there was that school had decided to leave the police out of the situation and his parents thought the administration had been more than fair but they wanted to make sure their son completely understood the consequences.

"Matt...son, everyone is tested when hired to work on set...everyone from the hosts down the line to those who work a shovel or clean the dunny. Your future employer may require that of you. You have to keep your nose clean, Matt. You must understand how serious all this is, son."

Philip Brimsby had been firm with his words and believed he and his wife Cheryl had done the right thing in taking away the special privilege.

"He's going to be sorry...they both will be..." Matthew mumbled as he opened the oven to pull out a batch of brownies. They were tempting but the extra ingredients he had added to the mix meant he needed to steer clear of them. He needed to remain sober when talking to his dad.

Matthew finished cleaning up around the kitchen, waiting for his special concoction to cool before packing them for his dad to take to work with him.

"We'll see how long he gets to keep his job now..." he said with a laugh, not truly understanding exactly how far reaching and devastating his actions would prove to be.

An hour later, the teen schooled his features and handed his dad a container filled with the chocolate delights as he passed through the kitchen on his way to the garage.

"I'm sorry for what I did, dad. Here's some brownies to take with you to share with the crew."

"They smell great, Matt...thank you...actually, I know that today is Ant's birthday in the UK. Yesterday he celebrated it here and this will hit the spot for him and Declan." Philip gave his son a hug then walked out through the garage door to head to work, missing the smirk written all over Matt's face.

**********

Two hours later, standing outside Ant and Dec's office, Philip handed Dec the container of brownies.

"I haven't been able to find Ant," he explained. "My son made these and we thought they'd be great for his UK birthday celebration," he added, with a hint of pride in his voice.

"Thank you...I'll make sure he gets these," Dec replied with a smile. "He's in a meeting right now. Tell your boy thank you very much."

Retreating back into the office, Dec lifted the lid of the container and took in a deep breath before picking up a large crumb and popping it into his mouth.

"Smell great...taste even better...too bad brownies aren't your favorite treat, Anth...but they are definitely mine..." he murmured with a giggle while hunting around the room for a napkin to place a brownie on. Finding none, he put down the container and grabbed his tea cup for a refill and headed down the hall. Minutes later, after returning from the small shared kitchenette, he placed two brownies on a napkin then took a bite out of a third.