He's The Reason Why I Draw Those Stupid Hearts On My Paper ♥

I've been thinking about posting this for a while, so I went through some stuff and joined. Cliche love stories never get old, it's hilarious how much I get into one. It's also my first story, so I'm hoping it's not too weird. And hopefully, no one I know personally will read it, because if that happens, I'll be doomed. Lastly, I know this one's short, but I know it'll get better later >_<

Dedicated to TheFairytale, because even though she's only 13, she writes like a pro. ;P

Dear Diary,

    I hate you.

    I straightened up, shaking my head and scratched that out.

    Okay, maybe I don’t. I didn’t mean to write that, it’s just that you’re not a person – you’re just a journal. You’re like the only thing I could tell everything to, like how I’m a vampire—

    I laughed. One step to insanity: lying to your own diary.

    I love Chevy. AND THERE’S NOTHING ANYONE COULD EVER DO ABOUT IT!

    With rather abrupt quickness, I slammed the book shut and sank back in my chair, holding it to my chest so I wouldn’t erase what I wrote.

    I resisted the giant urge to erase it, for fear that someone on this earth in about fifty years might read it…or possibly, I might end up losing it, and have Chevy himself read it.

    As I was about to cross it out, I flung the diary across the room, grabbed my binder for school, and charged out my bedroom door. As I skipped down the old stairs, I had my binder dangling from my teeth while I pinned my hair up – letting my growing bangs fall in my face.

        “Mom, I’m leaving!” I yelled out, hearing the talking in the kitchen where she was cooking for my brother and my dad. I barely heard the ‘have fun today’ before I was out the door and walking to school.

    The school wasn’t that far, just a couple of blocks away. My reputation at North High School was dim, mostly because of the mass load of absences I had behind me. But ever since this year started up, I’ve only been going to see one person. Chevy, who was just called that, I’ve never heard anyone calling him Rango, but I’ve heard Cricket before – being that he was on the small side and wore black most of the time, earning him the nickname.

    I had him for Geometry class, having to deal with the frustration of him sitting behind me. I liked him, more than I should, but I’ve also liked other guys – and I didn’t want to ruin anything by telling him the truth…every girl’s problem with liking someone. I’ve never talked to him before, but just seeing him was enough for me to get up every morning and ignore the growing push for staying home.

    As I reached the school, I headed around towards the courtyard, and saw Roxy. I had missed the last month of school last year, and got in one deal of trouble, and with the consequences, there came a replacement. She was a good friend, but her as well as everyone else at the table, didn’t know I liked Chevy.

    It was five days into the crush, that I found out she liked him too, and she had no problem with making it known. 

    She was sitting on the table, talking to my best friend, staring at him. I followed her gaze and saw him myself. He was talking to his friends as always, shooting random glances toward my table.

    I had a lump building in my throat. Watching her staring at him bothered me, as much as the secretive part of me liking him too. But like every other day, I acted as if I didn’t notice.

        “Serena! You’re here!” Jessica came up to me, and gave me an awkward hug.

    I smiled. “Yeah.”

        “What happened to you yesterday?”

        “I got sick,” one of my many covers for not being here.

    She sighed and turned to see Rebekah and Vanessa talking to each other, casually hanging around the guys. They weren’t the dateable type of guys at all; just the types that climbed trees and threw paper airplanes for fun.

    Being sneaky, I glanced a look at him. He wasn’t even looking my way, making me turn back to everyone else.

    I had to admit, I was disappointed when the bell rang – yet another day he didn’t talk to me. I couldn’t wait until Geometry though, just getting to see him walk into class.

    But it was maddening to have to wait four classes for that.