2: Press

Izuku knew he was slacking on his self care. He was also burritoed in a giant blanket with all the curtains closed and the lights off. But then he appeared on the doorstep, the Android named Kacchan.

He had been cuddling with him for the majority of the day and Izuku wasn't complaining. The embrace was so therapeutic and familiar, he had missed it so much. He smelled like caramel, exactly like Bakugou. This seemed wrong but it was what Bakugou had wanted if he ever died.

Izuku looked up at Kacchan, his jaw was chiseled, his eyes were glowing red, his skin was smooth and human-like, and his facial expression was in its casual resting mode. He looked too much like him, like Bakugou had never died and simply returned.

"Is something wrong?" Kacchan asked without looking away from the TV.

"N-No! I'm just thinking... that's all." Izuku looked away quickly, his face heated up and returned his attention to the TV.

"I was just wondering since your temperature rose and your heartbeat picked up by 20 beats." Kacchan explained and ran his giant hand through Izuku's curls.

"Wow. I kinda hate that you can do that." Izuku chuckled.

"Oh no. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude! It's just the way I'm made! I'm so sorry Deku!" Kacchan exclaimed nervously. "Please don't be mad!" Izuku looked at him blind sided. Normally he was the one to say that to Bakugou.

"Hey, hey, no, it's okay, I was being sarcastic." The green haired boy laughed, he reached up and cradled Kacchan's face in his hands.
Kacchan felt relief seeing Izuku smile and his body visibly untensed.

Izuku realized where he had placed his hands and removed them quickly. He felt awkward now. He felt weird being intimate with Kacchan, maybe some day but this was too quick. Cuddling was one thing, it's an act that even friends could do, but being inches apart from kissing was too close.

Kacchan felt the tension but chose to not voice it. He'd imagine it'd get pretty annoying hearing everything analyzed all the time.

"I think I'm gonna take a bath." Izuku got up unraveling Katsuki's arms from around him.

"Do you need any help?" Katsuki asked hopefully. Izuku blushed furiously.

"Uh, no it's okay Kacchan I can do it myself." He headed towards the bathroom and shut the door locking it behind him.

Katsuki sat on the couch like a lost puppy. What should he do? He didn't know what to do when Izuku was gone. Maybe he'd make him a snack? He wasn't sure what would be best for Izuku right now.

When Izuku came out of the bathroom he was greeted by a spread of food on the living room coffee table and Katsuki perched on the couch like an excited puppy waiting for attention. Izuku blushed and smiled and took a seat on the couch.

"I figured you may be hungry, I noticed you haven't eaten all day, so..." Katsuki sheepishly looked away like he was embarrassed.

"I am actually, thank you Kacchan." Izuku grinned and picked up a handful of chips. The blonde brightened at the fact that he had done something right and moved a little closer to the green haired boy.

He glanced down at Izuku's thigh and paused. His shorts had ridden up a bit exposing light pink streaks across his skin that looked to be fresh. Katsuki scanned them and got a result. Scars. They looked like they had been made with a box cutter or a blade of some sort.

The blonde looked at Izuku who was picking a movie on Netflix for them to watch completely oblivious to the fact that Katsuki had discovered his secret. The blond stayed silent, Izuku had been through a lot today with himself appearing on his doorstep. He would confront him later.

-

There was a heavy knock at the door and Izuku rushed to get it. Katsuki stood just in case it was someone dangerous, he'd protect Izuku at all costs.

The green haired boy opened the door and was greeted with flashes of light. Reporters. They had found where he lived.

"Hero Deku! How are you coping with the death of your partner Bakugou!?"
"Izuku look here!"
"Deku can we ask you some questions for Japan Weekly!?"

The green haired boy shielded his eyes from the light and backed away. Tears sprung to his eyes being reminded of what had happened to his lover. How could they ask that when it's only been a couple of weeks, of course he's not fine.

"Katsuki Bakugou?! He's alive?!"

There was a loud crackling sound, finishing with a pop and the door slammed. Izuku looked up to see the blonde locking the door.

Katsuki's hand was steaming softly, a light white mist dying out in the air

"Kacchan! You just showed the press your face!" Izuku exclaimed in a panic.

"I think it's fine, I fired off a small concussion simulation from my palm, they didn't get any pictures of me." Katsuki explained and clenched and unclenched his fist.

Izuku breathed a sigh of relief and sat on the floor, placing his head in his hands. This wasn't going away, none of it. The reminder of what happened to Bakugou was everywhere.

Katsuki crouched next to Izuku and lifted the small boy's chin with his index finger.

"I am here for you Izuku. You can talk to me. I'm yours." He whispered gently. Izuku's eyes began to tear up again. He threw himself into Katsuki's arms and began to sob.

"I miss him so much." He cried.

"I know."

-