Chapter 3

It had been four days now. She figured that that was enough time to mourn. She had to get back or she risked losing her job. She worked for a news channel as a journalist. She was passionate about her job, wasn't very famous though. Occasionally one or two people recognized her in movie theaters or train stations.

She took bus number 12- to her place of work. A Mercedes was parked near the bus stop.

She walked into the building and after her colleagues and friends payed their condolences, she got to work, looking for a story,proof reading others' stories. Time  flies by when one does something one loves. Before she knew it, it was time for her to leave. The sun hadn't set yet though. The days were longer this time of the year. She packed her stuff and got ready to go back to the lonely space she called a home.

As she walked out and began to walk toward the bus stop, a man walked up to her and said- "Hello! The name is parkour.. -Howard parkour."

She hadn't stopped walking.

"Lovely."- she exclaimed sarcastically. She clearly showed no interest.

"Sidney! Need a ride?"

That had caught her attention. "How do you know my name?"

She reached for her ID card but then realized, it was in her bag. He couldn't have read it off of that.

"No thanks anyway. I can manage." She continued.

"Are you sure? I've got a Mercedes."

"Yes I'm sure". Sidney was relieved that she'd reached the bus stop.

She sat down on the bench. The man sat next to her.

"I'm sorry about your aunt." He said.

"Who are you? Researched me, did you?"she replied.

That's when an old lady seated near by intervened -"is this man bothering you dear?"

"No, it's fine."- her bus had come. She hoped onto it, not knowing that a Mercedes would be following the bus no.12.