19

She woke up the next morning and the wound was sealed, probably something that was done by the nurse while she slept, she sat up slightly and saw Newt sitting next to her in a chair, his head buried in a book.

"Good morning to you too," She smiled as he snapped his book shut and looked up, he lunged forward and hugged her tightly, she felt a lot better in his embrace.

"Oh Jules, I was so worried, when you didn't show up back at the dorm last night I had to find you, as soon as I woke up I looked everywhere, I found you here and there was blood in your hair and all over your pillow, and your side is bruised, you gave me a real fright!" He rambled.

"It's okay, there was just an incident in the woods," She half-smiled.

"Newt! I got you that toast you asked for! Oh, hello Juliette," Leta smiled widely as Newt thanked her.

Juliette froze and let out a light, forced smile, Leta just sent a discreet glare her way and sat next to Newt.

"Ah, young Apollo, care to explain what went on last night? Rumor has it that you returned with a Demiguise helping you along," Dumbledore smiled as he approached her with McGonagall by his side.

"I was, well, I-" She flicked her eyes quickly towards Leta, "I was lead into the woods by a noise, I heard an animal calling for help and so I went to see if it was okay," She lied, Leta smiled smugly in the corner of her eye.

"Ah, well then, no harm done, I'll leave you to recover," Dumbledore smiled, somehow reassuringly, she watched as his eyes fluttered to Leta and he sent a quick wink in Juliette's direction.

"I just realised, I must, um, go to the library, just, right now!" Juliette stuttered, sitting up and going to get out of bed.

"No, no, Jules you can't possibly think that's a good idea, lay down, lay down, Jules," Newt commanded.

"JULIETTE WHAT WERE YOU POSSIBLY THINKING?!" Axel yelled as he sprinted into the hospital wing, a Northern Irish accent prominent in his yells.

"Ax, thank goodness, will you tell these fools I'm entirely capable of going to the library independently?" She asked.

"Absolutely not, you almost fucking died!" He hissed.

"Language Mr. Potter!"

"Sorry Becky,"

"My name is Francis,"

"Sorry Nurse Francis,"

"Please, Axel, you can come with me, so can Newt if he wants, I don't know why you worry so much,"

"I worry because- well because I- uh," Axel trailed off, he leant over the bed and kissed her cheek, making both of then blush, Newt looked at them sadly as Leta internally celbrated.

"It's not how I was intending to tell you that I was head over heels smitten for you but sometimes you have to do things," He explained.

She giggled giddily, smiling over at him, "I've disappointed my parents, but liking a Potter, that tops it off," She grinned, kissing him quickly.

"Right then, m'lady," Axel chuckled, picking up a wooden crutch the nurse had delivered and handing it to her.

"Thank you kind sir,"

"I'll see you in the common room, don't hurt yourself," Newt said as he got up and begun to leave.

"Newt you can stay, come with us,"

"No, no, I'd rather read,"

"You would rather read than spend time with me?"

"No, no, that came out wrong-"

"Scamander if you are happier leaving me be just say it," She snapped.

"No, no, I just meant-"

"I need to go, before more people get hurt,"

"Okay," Newt whimpered, Leta instantly stood up and reassured him.

"I'm sorry for kissing you without your permission," Axel apologised.

"Oh, same from me, I never should have done that, but while we're on the topic, would you like to take a trip to Hogsmeade next weekend?" She asked.

"Boy, I really would, I'd love that, anyway, where are you actually going right now?"

"Dumbledore, he knows something," She muttered suspiciously.

"Well what does he know?" Axel asked curiously.

"What really happened last night, it wasn't a creature calling, Leta lead me down there, it was dark and dangerous and I shouldn't have listened, I'm sorry for disobeying my rule about Leta,"

"Don't trust her," Axel muttered, reminding himself of her rule.

~

Hey, sorry, it's a short chapter and it's an incredible mess but I fell out with Joshua (the guy that plays young Newt in the movies) which is somehow affecting my writing (which is also why I hate using gifs of young newt)

Anyway, I'm writing the next chapter for my other fic aswelllllll so hopefully you wont wait much longer

Im sorry, please leave some sort of suggestions on what the hell I should do next because I'm confuddled.

Love yall
-Alex