[5]Book Love

Word Count:804
Remus' Pov

One day until the Halloween Formal.

James sighed.

"So? Are you gonna ask her?"

"Uhhh Prongs. This is me we're talking about."

Relationship advice from James Potter. Odd right?

"You're seeing her again today, aren't you? Ask her then!"

I looked at my feet.

"James..She's Sirius' sister. He'd kill me. The Slytherin boys flirt with her enough. You know how much he hates that."

"But....?"

"But she's so beautiful and smart and—"

James laughed rather loudly. We talked for longer until it was time for me to walk to the library.

*+*+*+*

(Y/N) and I had met up and been in the Library for less than 10 minutes. The room started to get quite crowded.

"Want to head up to the Astronomy Tower? It's getting kinda crowded in here."

(Y/N) suggested. 'She looks so pretty today..'

"Yeah. If you leave first then I'll follow five minutes after. It will be less suspicious that way."

That's exactly what we did.

She got there first and I arrived soon after. I thought of what James said to me and was to go along with it until...

"So do you think my brother is going to ask Bluebell to the dance?"

(Y/N) got there before me.

"I mean, he's going to ask. But I don't know if she will say yes."

She laughed. 'Beautiful..'

"Hm...I suppose."

"A-Anyway! Are you going with anyone? Or like going at all?"

I stuttered. She looked out at the view from the tower.

"Some Slytherin guys asked me but. It's not really my 'scene'."

"Awh come on! It's your last year here. Have some fun."

She said back down in front of me. Holding her knees, she looked upset.

"I...I know it's my last year okay?... Then I have to marry some stuck up pure blood and have a child when.. I just want to work at a place like this! Teaching Muggle Studies because even though I'm fucking shit at it, I really enjoy it..."

She blurted out. A small tear dropped down her (S/C) face. I felt bad for making her cry.

I moved closer to her. My body unconsciously in between her legs. I brush the tear off her cheek and smile. I was going to remove my hand when (Y/N) placed hers on top.

She closed her eyes and exhaled.

"Fine. I'll go to this dance..."

"Good. And a bonus is watching James hopelessly try and dance with Lily."

She let out a small giggle. Our eyes meet. We both lean in. Two hands met my chest and I was pushed away.

(Y/N)'s laugh rang through my ears. She fell back on a pile of books. I couldn't help myself but laugh too. I was trying to ignore that rejected kiss.

She stood up and brushed herself off.

"Seeing as I have to find a dress now, I better be off. Thank you. I enjoy studying with you Remus."

"N-No problem!"

I stuttered pathetically. I must look like an idiot. (Y/N) holds her books close to her chest and smiles. I smile back and she places a kiss on my cheek.

She waves goodbye and walks off.
My face lit up as she left. I was left with myself and my rushing thoughts.

Your Pov

You hurry back to your common room and meet with the entrance.

"sanguinis pura."

You say and wait for the painting to pull away from the wall. You step in and are immediately bombarded by your friends.

"We saw you and Lupin!!"

"At the Astronomy Tower!"

"You're always with him!"

"Are you two dating?!"

"Have you kissed?"

"How far have you gone?!"

The three girls threw questions at you and you dragged them to the dorm room.

"Okay! Okay! Yes, we meet up...But only for studying. You know.. I like muggle studies and his mother is a muggle..."

You reply. You started off loud but as you continued your voice got quieter and quieter.

"Have you two..?"

"N-no.."

They didn't seem very convinced. You reassured them and told them what had happened today.

Lyai squealed.

"Merlin's Beard! Why did you pull away?!"

"Because...He's my brother's friend and I don't want to interfere. And he's not a pureblood.."

You looked up at the ceiling.

"Someone help me find a dress for this dumb dance so I can go to bed ."

That evening, Sasha helped you pick out a dress. It was beautiful.
It was an off-the-shoulder ivory green evening gown. The top was darker than the trailing skirt. It was slim but fanned out near the bottom.

"It's perfect! Thank you!"

You smile and hug Sasha.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm going to relax in the prefect bathroom it's only 6 pm after all."