17

It was early the next morning- around five o'clock- and Dipper was wide awake. He usually didn't get much sleep when he was at the Mystery Shack, and tonight was no different. He thought with Bill with him, sleeping next to him, maybe he could actually get some sleep, but that didn't seem to be the case. Dipper looked at the sleeping dream demon next to him and smiled, realizing this was what it would be like for the rest of his life- waking up next to someone as beautiful at Bill.

Dipper sighed, knowing he should get out of bed. It was no use to him to lay in bed and try to fall back asleep- he knew it would end up being useless. He carefully got out of bed, making sure he didn't disturb Bill. He then quietly made his way downstairs, where he heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"Please, sir, just let us go." A weak female voice said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that." Dipper recognized it as Ford's voice. "You have no idea how exciting of a discovery this is- two demons who look almost exactly like Bill Cipher!"

Dipper walked into the kitchen and stopped short when he saw Ford pacing the kitchen floor in front of Jill and Will, who were both in their triangle forms and locked in small, square cages.

Ford looked up at Dipper and grinned. "Dipper! Come in! I want to show this to you-"

"What are you doing?" Dipper interrupted him.

"What do you mean? They're my new test subjects."

Dipper shook his head. "I can't believe this. You can't do this."

Jill looked at him. "We'll be fine. We can take care of ourselves."

"What are you going to do with them?" Dipper asked Ford.

"I'm going to run some tests on them."

"And when you're done?"

"Kill them, of course. They're way too dangerous to be released back into the world."

Dipper's eyes were wide. "No. No, you can't!" He ran upstairs, back to his and Mabel's shared room. Mabel and Bill were both awake now, talking with one another. Dipper caught Bill's eye and immediately started to cry, sinking to the floor.

"Mason?" Bill appeared at Dipper's side in an instant, holding him tightly. "What happened, PineTree?"

Dipper couldn't form a sentence. "Jill and Will- Ford- he's- tests-" Dipper choked on a sob as his breath became heavier.

"Hey, DipDot, it's okay." Mabel joined the two on the floor. "Whatever it is, we're here for you. Take your time."

"No- there is no time." Dipper swallowed a sob, wiped his cheeks, and looked at Bill. "Jill and Will- Ford has them."

Bill's eyes went wide. "What?"

"He's- he's going to run tests on them, and then- then-" Dipper found that he couldn't finish the sentence, instead choking on another sob.

Bill's eyes hardened. "You don't have to say it." Bill stood up. "I'm going to save them."

Dipper reached up and grabbed Bill's hand. "No! Don't! Please! I can't lose you!"

Bill looked at him and smiled. "You won't lose me, I promise. There's no need to worry." He leaned down to kiss Dipper, then walked out of the bedroom.

Dipper shook, crying harder now. Mabel sat next to him, shushing calmly and rubbing her twin's back. She didn't know what to do- she was scared, for both her brother and the demons downstairs- but she sat in the bedroom, attempting to calm her brother, until there was a yell from downstairs.

"I got him!"

The twins could hear loud footsteps, and suddenly their bedroom door flew open. Ford was standing on the other side, grinning.

"I got him! After all these years, I finally caught my enemy!"

"Who, Ford?" Mabel asked.

Ford's grin grew wider. "Bill Cipher."