"You stupid, stupid girl," Lisa sobbed, her hands resting either side of Jennie's face. "Don't you ever do that again Jennie Kim or I swear to God I'll kill you myself."

Rosé laughed as she made her way over to the door, smiling over her shoulder at them both as she walked out of the room.

Fresh tears welled up in her eyes as she yelled at Jennie. This had been the worst three days of her life. Lisa thought being away from Jennie for the past three months had been bad, but all that pain had been obliterated by three days of uncertainty as she waited for Jennie to wake up. Praying that she would wake up.

A silent laugh shook Jennie's body as she listened to Lisa's threats. She would to it a thousand times over if it meant she could keep her safe. It was Lisa, her Lisa, it would always be her. Maybe it was selfish of Jennie, but she would rather die than watch Lisa die and have to live the rest of her life without her. Even if it meant Lisa had to live without her.

She noticed that Lisa's left arm was encased in plaster. Jennie frowned, trying to bring her arms up to sign. Her own plastered arm was heavy to lift, and as she tried to move the other one, she noticed the pins and brace holding it together. She hadn't thought about the repercussions of jumping in front of the car, Jennie had only been thinking about Lisa, but now she realised just how badly she was hurt.

She looked up at Lisa, frowning in confusion.

"You, uh, you're hurt a l-lot," Lisa stammered, tears sliding down her cheeks, "the d-doctor is going to come and tell y-you now." Her breathing kept hitching as she cried, looking down at Jennie's broken body. It was all her fault.

-----

Lisa closed her eyes, accepting her fate. At least she had got to see Jennie one last time. The image of her face was burnt into Lisa's eyelids, the last thing that she would see.

She never felt the car hit.

She felt the warmth of Jennie's body pressed up against her as she slammed into her. Lisa's eyes opened in shock as she was pushed out of the way. She fell hard on the curb, her wrist giving out under her weight as she landed at an awkward angle.

Her eyes were wide with horror as she looked into Jennie's eyes. Lisa's heart broke as Jennie gave her a sweet smile, her eyes crinkling at the corners. Her lips couldn't form the words as she stared at Jennie stood in the road.

The car ran straight into her, she didn't even have a chance to try and move out of its way.

A gut-wrenching scream tore out of Lisa's mouth as Jennie's body smacked into the bonnet of the car, cracking the windscreen before rolling over the hood, and off the back end of the car.

The car sped off as Lisa crawled into the road, unintelligible screams and sobs coming out of her mouth as she scrambled towards Jennie. Her tears mixed with the rain coursing down her face as she crawled forwards.

She cradled Jennie's body in her lap as the rain soaked them both. Blood dripped into the puddles, swirling into the water as they mixed. Lisa couldn't do anything as she sat there in shock, holding Jennie's limp body to her chest.

She was broken, her limbs held at awkward angles, the sharp points of splintered bones stabbing out of her skin. Lisa sobbed as she searched for her phone. She had to call an ambulance, that's what she had to do. Everything would be okay if she could just call an ambulance. They would fix Jennie.