N I N E

I woke up, it was morning but the city was quiet and it was a little dark, I couldn't sleep anymore as I felt needy and anxious, all I could think about was...heat season. As I heard, it was starting today, I limped back towards the pole and looked at the glass door, I saw the lights go on from out in the backyard where I was, and as I looked at the glass door, the lights from inside were turned on and I could see Jonathan clearly, looking at me, the only thing that I noticed about him and Jason, they both had the same hockey mask. I got angry by just thinking of Jason, I hate him, after all...I said that to him. I growled and bared my teeth at Jonathan, he flinched for a bit until I saw that Evan was beside him now, Evan looked like he was disappointed, was he disappointed in me? As I limped towards the glass door, my body gave out, completely numb, I was so numbed that I didn't feel the pain of my ribs when I fell. Why must everyone hate me? Am I not good enough? I cried, seeing that the numbness went away and all I felt right now was this heat that caused more neediness in me, I saw the glass door open, I couldn't move, my legs were the only things that were numbed, I was scared because...I could no longer feel anything. I saw Jonathan rush out, he looked scared and teary eyed. As he came closer, I growled weakly.

"You're gonna be okay, just stay here for a bit, we have a vet coming to see you." Jonathan said as a few tears rolled down his eyes, I whimpered as well, as he hugged me pulling me close to his chest. I saw Evan come out as well and then a woman in a white lab coat. "The vet is here, she'll help you! Please, don't do anything."

I did what I was told, I didn't do anything, not even growl one bit, I was introduced to her as she checked my heart and everything, she touched my ribs to which I yelped lowly. She sighed.

"He has a few broken ribs, and one leg of his is broken, I'm going to have him you take him to the vet immediately so I can examine more on his body, he also seems to be in heat, I'm gonna have to know what happened to poor (m/n). Please take him right away, I'll meet you guys at the vet." She said as she smiled and left.

I sighed. Tough luck for me. Jonathan was caressing my fur as Evan went to grab him and Jonathan a sweater, not caring to change out of their pajamas.

"My god, (m/n) what got into you? Everyone...wants you to not be here no more, they're afraid that you'll want to...hurt them." Jonathan said, hesitating at first to tell me. I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm glad that they want me away from them, I just wanna go back to where I was put in the first place. Maybe I'll be put to sleep, even if I don't die, I wanna be put to sleep several of times and maybe hope that the medication to puts dogs to peace, maybe work on me. It would be better for me to be gone

Time skip

As we arrived to the vet, we were met once again by the woman, I was lead to a room, an X-ray room, they confirmed that I had about 3 broken ribs and a broken leg. They took me out of the room and went to another room, to check on anything else, they put isopropyl alcohol on my wounds, they did a check up on my numbed legs, they said that I was gonna be fine, but what I didn't expect to hear was that...I lost the ability...to walk? As they said that, I saw Jonathan break down in more tears as he heard that, why was it that he cared?

"There's a 50/50 chance he might not make it through a night or a week, he lost a lot of blood." She said. "I'm sorry...if you want there's options, you can either put him to...sleep, or I can give you a jumper for him to be on and learn to walk step by step, it'll support him, he won't fall even if the thing is called a jumper, basically what it does is that, it helps him with thinking like he's actually standing but he just won't feel it. You can say that he's paralyzed but he can still move if he just tries and fights for it. Which option would you prefer if he makes it through this night and if you don't want him to suffer if he looks in so much pain, you can bring him back and I can put him to sleep if you think he might not make it?" The woman said.