29. "So what is this? An Intervention?"

Start from the beginning

Conner jumped up loudly swearing. "Fuck!", he heard softly next to him and caught the look karen threw at her brother. Looks like he wasn't the only one being blackmailed. Despite the circumstances, he was curious with which Karen blackmailed him. The answer came as quickly as the question. "Blue Boy."

The disgust was clearly audible.

Jason's head swished up. "You have your secrets, Conner, I have mine. Do you have a problem with that?", he snapped unreasonably.

"You have the guts to compare our situations?", Conner said. "You're just stubborn and selfish."

"Unlike you? What would your father do, huh? Disown you?"

Both Duncan and Conner turn their gaze to the ground. The silence was telling.

"Oh, my God!" said Karen with her hand in front of her mouth. "That's terrible!" Shocked, she looked at Duncan. "You knew this? Nevertheless, you threaten to expose him?", she asked in disbelief.

Duncan nodded. This wasn't the time to back down. Conner needed to understand how involved he felt in the situation. Ever since returning from the accident, he had noticed the change in Conner. The turmoil he exuded when Jason wasn't around. Despite their constant wrangling, he kept looking for a way back to Jason.

Even now that his nightmares stopped tormenting him, he held him in his arms at night. Duncan refused to give in to the panic he read in Conner's eyes. What Conner didn't realize is that he'd been in front of a threshold for months. It was his thankless task to give him the last push.

"You're bluffing!" it sounded freezing cold. Conner gave his brother a dirty stare.

Jason pulled him on his sleeve. "Duncan may be bluffing, although I doubt this, but I'm 100 percent sure Karen is serious."

She nodded grimly.

With a distant frown, Conner looked at him.

"What I'm trying to say is that this doesn't only concern you."

"Pff," Conner blew out. "Of course you agree to this. You just want me to fuck you."

"Hey, watch your mouth! You're the one who voluntarily crawls into his bed, not the other way around," Karen directly put him back into place.

Conner bit back a sharp reaction after a look from Duncan.

"Twenty-four hours," Karen repeated.

"But mom and dad?", Jason asked concerned.

"They will still rest a lot. If there are any changes, I'll call you."

Karen grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him in a hearty hug.

"If he backs down, I'm not going to force him."

"Okay. I love you, little brother."

"I love you too."

After a quick look at his watch, he chewed his lip. "It's 9:30 now. We still have to pack, make sure we're going to have supplies, travel. Twelve o'clock?"

She understood his suggestion. "More than reasonable. Duration until tomorrow 12 p.m."

Jason knew the perfect place they could be together without being seen. He hadn't handed in the key to the beach house yet. A short message later, their accommodation was arranged.

"Don't you want to take anything with you?", he asked Conner, who had followed him back into the bedroom and angrily watched the three bags on the bed.

He shook his head. "I'll buy something along the way."

"We're going to the beach house where you picked me up yesterday. Opposite the car park is a small shopping mall."