29. "So what is this? An Intervention?"

Upon seeing the miserable state in which Jason slid at the kitchen table, Karen poured him a cup of coffee while shaking her head. "Yesterday I saw and heard how you guys argue, Jason." She put the cup in front of him. "You can't continue on like this."

Silently nodding, he took a sip.

"You insulted him deeply and yet I saw you sleeping together." She took him. "I think you're both afraid of the same thing."

Not understandingly, he looked at her frowning.

"To stick your neck out."

Jason shifted uncomfortably. Less than five minutes ago, he had carefully slid his buttocks away from Conner's morning erection. He thought Conner was still asleep, but when he turned around, his eyes were open. Without a word, he had gotten up from bed and walked out of the room.

"I don't know who you think you're kidding, but I see right through you," she said sharply.

Scared, he looked up, only to find that she looked behind him.

"Can I get some coffee first?", Conner grumbled.

"When you explain what your next step is?"

Angry, she put a cup in front of him. His cold stare didn't seem to bother her.

"If you don't know, I have some suggestions."

Conner ignored her by turning to Jason. "Do you know what she's talking about?"

"She saw us together."

Caught, his eyes shot south to the front of his pants. "This morning?", he asked hoarsely.

The men exchanged a look eliciting an indignant snort from Karen.

"Oh, for God's sake! Conner wants a gay experience to impress Tanja and Jason wants to free himself from his obsession with Blue Boy. The way I see it, you can help each other perfectly."

Conner spilled his coffee. "Excuse me, but are you really suggesting I sleep with Jason?" he asked stunned.

"For god's sake, yes!", he suddenly heard behind him. "Then we're finally rid of all that drama. It makes me dizzy to see you guys spinning around each other. Thank you, honey," Duncan said, pressing a kiss on Karen's cheek.

"Don't thank her for playing the pimp," Jason said indignantly. "Conner and I don't spin around each other, we just have disagreements!"

"You've messed around more than I did with my first girlfriend," Duncan said.

Both men looked angrily at Karen.

"I didn't say anything," she said innocently raising her hands.

"I have eyes in my head," Duncan deadpanned. "Other than that, you're not exactly subtle."

"What do you mean?", Conner asked.

"Oh, come on, Conner. Everyone can see how you look at each other," Duncan said.

Embarrassed, Jason hid his face in his hands. He peeked at Karen who was looking at him.

"So far we've kept ourselves out of it, but it seems like the situation between you is escalating more and more," she added.

Conner snorted disgruntled. "So what is this? An intervention?"

Jason was happy with the offended tone. It mirrored his feeling perfectly.

"If you want to call it that," Duncan said.

Swearing internally, he recognized the stubborn expression in the eyes of his youngest brother. He just hoped Conner would one day forgive him for the step he took now. "You have twenty-four hours to carry out the deed. If not, I'll send your picture together to Dad."