"Now we both have battle scars."

⚠️WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SELF HARM⚠️

"Wait...can you stay?" Payton asks.
"..." is my response.
Nothing. I respond with nothing. Should I? Just this one night? Oh my Gosh why is life so hard?
"Please Brittni. I really need to get some sleep and the only way I can sleep is with you in my arms." Payton says while tearing up.
"Payton I don't know. You cheated and I don't want to get hurt again." I say.
"Please Brittni. Do you know how many supporters asked if I was ok. How many said that I looked tired and looked as if I needed a hug. Brittni, I love you and I will never stop. I get it if you want a break but just this one night...please." Payton says with tears falling down his face.
"Fine. Only this one night though because we need an actual break." I say and start to walk towards him.
"Really?" Payton asks with hope in his voice.
"Yes really, now let's go to bed I'm tired." I say and walk into his room.
"I am too, I haven't slept the past two nights." Payton says as we walk into the bedroom.
I crawl into the bed and get under the blankets. I look at Payton as he is just staring at me.
"If you don't stop staring I will go back to my room." I say.
"Ok ok I'll stop." He says and laughs a little as he gets in the bed and lays down right beside me.
"I missed you." He says.
"Mhm." I say trying to be stubborn.
He wraps his arms around me. God I missed this a lot. I miss him. I then realize he has a hoodie on. He never sleeps with a shirt on. That's odd. Oh well, it's probably nothing. I go to turn around and face Payton but when I go to do that it rubs against his arms. He winces in pain and moves his arms away from me.
"I'm so sorry. Did you hurt your arms or something?" I ask.
"Um, no it's just nothing." He says.
That's when a thought popped up in my head, he's cutting. I hate to think this but I've been down that road before and it's not fun. I look up at him.
"Payton, I'm going to ask you a question and you have to answer me honestly and if you don't I will find out one way or another." I say.
"Ok."
"Are you...cutting?" I ask looking in his eyes.
"Um...no." He says while not looking back at me.
"Take off your hoodie." I say.
"No, I'm cold." He says.
"It wasn't a question. Payton please." I say.
"Fine but you can't say anything to anyone." He says while tearing up again.
He takes off his hoodie and I take his arms. I just stare at his arms. They are bad. I start to cry. This is all my fault, I'm the one who left which led to him cutting.
"Brittni," Payton says my name.
I don't respond. I just keep thinking of everything I could have done to make him do this.
"Brittni, please stop crying, you're going to make me cry even more than I already am." Payton says to me.
I take my finger and I start to trace his cuts. Yup their real. Some look as if they were done just a few minutes ago.
"It's all my fault." I whisper under my breath.
"Brittni, don't say that. It's my fault. It's all my fault. I'm the one that cheated, you're the one that left the cheater. You did the right thing and I did the wrong thing." He says and pulls me onto his lap.
"Payton, what really truly happened that night? Don't lie." I say while sobbing.
"Bryce made me drink one to many of whatever that was and I did in fact hook up with 3 different girls. Trust me though I wasn't thinking about them. I was thinking about how I messed up so bad that I was going to loose you for good. When you left I might of been drunk but I still felt the stinging pain in my chest. I still feel it. It feels like I lost someone that I shouldn't have lost. Someone that was my world. Someone that I am in love with. Brittni, I love you and I always will. You mean the world to me. When I lost you, I lost my world. I promise I'll stop cutting. I'm stopping for you though, cause I saw that it hurt you. I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have." Payton says while I was crying.
"I could say all the same to you. You are my world but you made a mistake. You have made this mistake before and I don't want it to happen again. I love you and always will. I just think we need a small break. That's it. Please stop cutting. I love you and don't want you getting hurt." I say and wrap my arms around him.
He wraps his arms tightly around me and we sit there for a little bit in a comfortable silence.
"I'm tired." I say.
"Same let's  go to bed."
We lay down and I put my head on Payton's now bare chest. He wraps his arms around me and we lay there. I turn his arm to look at them again.
"Now we both have battle scars." I say.
"You're right. Goodnight Beautiful, I love you." He says and kisses the top of my head.
"Goodnight, love you too."
With that we fall asleep.
«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»
I wake up to banging on the door. What the hell? I look over and see Payton still sound asleep. I look at the time. 4:56 am. We actually only have 20 minutes to get ready. I shake Payton.
"Good morning beautiful." He says as he sits up and runs his eyes.
"What's that noise?" He asks while stretching.
"Good Morning Payt. I'm not sure but we should go and check. Also we only have 20 minutes to get ready because we woke up late." I say.
"Alright that's fine. Now let's go and find out who the hell is making all that noise."
We get up and out of the bed and walk towards the hotel room door. Payton opens it and Jake runs in the room.
"Payton, have you seen Brittni? I can't find her anywhere and I'm actually worried." Jake says but afterwards stares at me.
"Oh what are you doing in here?" Jake asks.
"It's a long story that I don't want to explain." I say.
"So are y'all back together orrr?" Jake asks.
"Um, no not really. I decided we needed a break." I say.
"Yeah." Payton says and looks down at the ground.
"Well I'm going to get Blue and my suitcase and bring them in here, if that's alright." I say to Payton.
"Yeah of course. I miss my child." He says.
We both laugh and Jake just stands there awkwardly. I walk out and so does Jake.
"So...are you going back to his room?" Jake asks.
"I think so. Thank you for everything. I really appreciate it." I say and hug him.
He hugs me back.
"Anytime short stack." He says.
"Shut up." I say and we both laugh.
We walk into the hotel room and I grab my suitcase and Blue. I walk back to Payton's room and I get dressed in black leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. I slide on my vans and walk out to find Payton playing with Blue.
"Hey Payt we should start heading to the airport." I say.
"Yeah, let me grab my suitcase and we can go."
I grab Blue and put him in his little carrier. Payton comes back with his suitcase in his hand.
"Alright let's go." I say and we walk out of the door.
We get to the lobby and everyone else is already there.
"Hey Randi, how are feeling?" I ask.
"I threw up a little bit this morning but other than that I feel fine. I'm still scared." She says.
"I know you are but it will all end up working out, I promise." I say and we hug.
"Well Brit, our über is here." Payt says.
"Alright."
Everyone's übers are just a few minutes away so no one should miss the plane.
I get in the über and we start to drive to the airport.
$$$$$$$$$$$$A/N$$$$$$$$$$$
Yup...so how was this chapter? I'm sorry that they are back together so fast it's just I like writing cute shit and it's kinda hard to write cute shit if the people are mad at eachother sooo...how's your life? Well got nothing else to say. Love y'all.
Bye
Loves❤️💕

Fan account: iits_mybaby_payton
Main:iitzbrittni
REMEMBER: if y'all have nothing nice to say about this book then don't say anything at all. If you have a problem with this book then don't read it. So if you are one of those people(you know who you are) then leave now. Thank y'all.