𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒚 :: 10

Start from the beginning

"You know I'll always love you for who you are, dear. You'll always have a home here, even if it's the furthest thing from. I'm here for you. Always," she said as her thumb brushed his cheek bone.

Jungkook felt his bottom lip tremble. He inhaled deeply and then proceeded to exhale shakily, head falling back in order to stop the tears from rolling. He knew he had to be strong, but these days it had been so hard.

"Darling, it's okay to cry. Let it all out," she encouraged.

Jungkook couldn't help it. It was as if something forced him onto his knees from up above. He burried his face into his hands, allowing himself to break. And so his mother pulled herself out of her bed lazily and onto the floor, hugging him close despite the lack of space.

"You're strong. Remember that," she spoke softly into his ear as she rubbed up and down his back, fingers and palm brushing the cigarette burn marks that she had left on him when he was but a young boy.

"I'm not strong enough,"Jungkook hiccuped as his body quivered.

"What matters most is that you keep pushing forward despite how weak you think are, my son. You may not believe you're strong enough, but you're the strongest person I know. You always persevere," she said into his ear softly, removing her chin from his shoulder to look him in the eyes as she cupped his cheeks.

Jungkook looked at his mother with wet puppy dog eyes, bottom lip jutted out.

She smiled softly, brushing away his tear trails with her thumbs. "I wish I was half as strong as you, darling. You know how weak I am."

Jungkook let out a shaky sigh. He placed his hands atop hers as his eyes lingered to the doorway where he found the strange man standing impatiently with a taut jaw. He was on the bigger side of the scale, eyebrows sharp and eyes just as much. He appeared very brusque and unkind as he leered at the young brunette.

"What do you want?" Jungkook asked curtly.

The man scoffed. "I want you to get out. We were kind of in the middle of something," he claimed brashly, arms crossing over his chest.

Jungkook took his hands off of his mother's, standing to his feet. "And I want you to get out, asshole. You're not welcome here," he spat as he began to advance. His mother reached for his hand desperately, yet he brushed her grasp away.

The man laughed, filled with pride before he spoke. "That's not what she said to me last night when I was burried deep inside of her, rocking the trailor," he said smugly.

Jungkook was fucking livid, fire burning in his eyes as he lunged toward the man in what seemed like a split second, slamming his fist into the side of his face.

"Jungkook, stop!" his mother yelled from behind hopelessly, clinging to the side of the bed in fear.

"Don't you dare fucking talk about my mom like that! Don't fucking touch her, you pig!" Jungkook shouted, vein in his neck protruding as his fists shook violently by his sides.

The man caught balance, chuckling wryly as the pad of his thumb brushed at the corner of his mouth, staring at the blood that covered it. His gaze then shifted to Jungkook's angered expression. One that dared to say 'try me'.

"You shouldn't have done that, kid. Do you know what happens to little boys who don't behave?" he sneered while rolling up his sleeves.

"Stop it, you two!" Jungkook's mother shouted once again from behind, however her words drowning out in the sea of fury and resentment. She watched in horror as the man lunged at her son, balled up fist landing square on his face.

Jungkook stumbled backwards, holding his nose. He could feel the blood spill onto his lips. Thankful, though, that it wasn't broken.

But the strange man didn't stop there. No. He kept going.

Before Jungkook had any time to react, he felt a knee strike his stomach, causing him to double over as he fell to the floor.

"Stop! Leave my son alone!" she yelled, finally standing up from her cowered position to shield her boy; however, he slapped her so hard that she fell to the floor. Her short lived period of bravery vanished as she recoiled into a corner, holding her cheek.

Jungkook continued to boil with anger. He struggled to stand up to his feet, only to be hit in the face once again. And then his stomach. His back. His legs. His mother. Back to him.

And before he knew it - before he had a chance to relent - he had been tossed out of the trailor and onto the dirty gravel alleyway.

He grunted loudly in pain. His body was on fire. Every single part of him was aching. But he knew he couldn't stick around. He knew he had to go, because if he stayed, he couldn't guarantee he'd actually make it out alive.

And so he pressed his palms down onto the sharp rocks as he lifted himself off of the ground, releasing continuous pained whines until he reached footing. Jungkook's hand lingered on his stomach as he limped his way to his vehicle, hopping inside of it. He was in no condition to drive, yet did he really have any other choice?

He started the engine, wincing with pain as he pressed his foot onto the gas, making his way back to his own neighbourhood.

During the drive, many times, he felt his eyes falling until the loud sound of a honking horn stirred him from his near stupor. The sky was no longer yellow and bright, instead replaced by darkness and bright stars as soon as he reached his driveway.

He continued to inhale and exhale sharply as he tried maneuvering out of the driver's seat, only to fall out of it and onto the ground. He groaned loudly, tears daring to erupt from his eyes once again.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook looked around lazily, finding a familiar pretty boy standing before him.

"Jungkook, what the hell happened?" Jimin questioned urgently, kneeled down beside the wounded brunette as he studied his injuries intently.

"Nothing," Jungkook responded dismissively. He tried standing up, only to fall into Jimin's arms who just barely managed to catch him rather clumsily.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me," Jimin assured. "My parents are gone at work. At least just let me help you," he urged as he peered down at Jungkook, hating to see him so hurt.

"Why?" Jungkook questioned.

"Because I know how to help. And I know that you need it," the ravenette explained simply yet vehemently.

Jungkook thought for a moment before nodding his head stiffly. "Okay."