I couldn't help but feel a bit worried. It's not usually a good thing when your doctor tells you you need to come see them as soon as possible.

"They're probably gonna tell me I can't have kids or something." I say pessimistically.

"She didn't sound too worried on the phone. Just think positive." he suggests, making me roll my eyes.

"You're one to talk, Mr. dark and stormy." I mock him.

Sitting in the hospital waiting room was agony. There were 4 other people here, one of them was an older couple. Harry and I sat there for 10 minutes before we got called in.

When we were lead into the room, I was told to put on a hospital gown, then lay on the bed.

Harry, as always, sat in the chair next to me holding my hand.

The doctor came in and walked me through the process of what she was going to do, without actually telling me what's going on.

She pressed down on my stomach and felt around. Her brows knitted together tightly, meaning she probably felt something that wasn't meant to be there, making me even more nervous.

"I'm going to do a quick ultrasound on you." she explains, lifting the gown up and putting a cold gel on my tummy.

She uses a probe to move the gel around and watches a screen as she does so. I bite my lip in anxiousness and peer over at Harry, who's leg was bouncing in anticipation while his face kept a calm expression.

The doctors face remains neutral until her eyes grow wide for a split second.

"What is it?" I ask nervously, terrified of her answer.

She shakes her head with her jaw slacked. "I can't believe we didn't catch this before..." she says, still looking at the screen in astonishment as she moves the probe around.

"What the hell is going on?" Harry speaks up, clearly growing frustrated from the nerves.

"Miss White, when I massaged your stomach, you had what felt like a mass. But now, it seems that I was wrong." she says, slowly turning the screen towards us so we could see.

I squint to see what was on it, and when I realize what it was, my heart started beating faster.

"Is that-"

"You're pregnant." the doctor finishes my thought.

I shake my head. "H-how is that possible?"

"She miscarried." Harry adds.

"You seem to have been pregnant with twins. You miscarried one, the other survived." 

I look over at Harry who didn't seem to be processing this either. I couldn't even think straight.

I was still pregnant?

The doctor's face breaks into a smile. "You're going to be parents."

Those four words snapped me into reality, and my hand gripped Harry's so tightly.

His eyes snapped from the screen to me.

"We're having a baby." he mumbles.

I look at him, I look at how his eyes were so wide and sincere...and it makes my lips slowly curl into the biggest smile I've ever felt.

His face lights up and he immediately smiles back. "Holy shit." he whispers, standing up from the chair and wrapping his arms around me.

I felt small tears of happiness fall from my eyes.

"It's too early to determine the gender, but within the next two months we should be able to." she explains.

Harry pulls away and keeps my hand in his. I sniff and wipe away stray tears.

"I cant believe this." I say, astonished. 

"I have to warn you, this is a risky pregnancy considering one fetus was already lost. I'll book you an appointment for next week where we can fully go over everything you need to know in detail." the doctor says. "For now, just take things easy, eat healthy and stay hydrated. Congratulations." she smiles while clearing the gel off my belly.

I suck in a deep breath, feeling the weight of the world being lifted off my shoulders.

I look over at Harry who still had such a genuine sparkle in his eye.

I give his hand a squeeze. "I love you."

"Forever." He smiles at me and leans in to plant a kiss on my lips, placing his large, ring covered hand on my stomach.

I was gonna be a mom. And I'm having a baby with the love of my life.

We left the hospital happier than we've ever been.

We were officially beginning our next chapter.

//

okay i've done SO MUCH research on this, and yes, it is possible to lose one twin and have the other survive so i'm not just making this up for the purpose of the story haha.

anyways, finally some happy news for harry and lydia :,)