"Gohan! (y/n)!"

You and Gohan watched as Chichi and Goku showed up with a sleeping Goten in his arms.

"Awe dad, you didn't have to come yet if Goten was still sleeping."

"He was awake earlier but ended up falling asleep on the way here. He's so excited to meet the new baby."

That warmed your heart to hear. Both parents greeted each other and it made you feel good to see everyone get along. 

"(y/n), you sure you don't need anything?" Chichi asked.

"Do you need any ice chips?" Your mother asked. That was when Gohan gasped because he completely forgot to get some for you.

"I'm on it!" He shouted as he raced out of the room. Seeing him run out like that made you giggle. It was nice seeing him as himself meanwhile you were going through all of this. It's a lot to process and even more to experience. But, you felt a little better having both pairs of parents here. 

"To answer your questions no, I don't really need anything. I'm honestly still processing everything. I still can't believe I'm having a baby and the baby is going to be here before we know it." You kept rubbing your belly as you spoke to everyone. Chichi smiled.

"I remember when I first had Gohan. It was a lot but Goku had me laughing the whole time. I was in a lot of pain of course but Goku helped me so much to get my mind off the pain. And when Gohan finally arrived, it was the happiest moment."

"It sure was. I couldn't believe I had my first son! I couldn't have been more proud of Chichi." He leaned in to give her a soft peck on the cheek. She blushed a little after the comment he made. You wanted Gohan to be proud of you too.

Your mom looked like she wanted to share the story of when you were born too.

"Wanna share too mom?"

"Well of course I do! You were the cutest little thing we've ever seen! The nurses couldn't stop bragging about how cute you were! The cutest baby that was born all that week!"

You couldn't believe it but your mom actually made you laugh. Her jealously was cute. Gohan ran back into the room with a cup so big you needed both hands.  You were still laughing when Gohan gave you the cup.

"What's so funny?"

"Our moms talking about the days we were born."

"Good thing I missed it."

"Gohan!"

"Sorry, mom." You kept laughing as you carefully started eating the ice chips. It was so nice seeing everyone be themselves. It almost made you forget about how much pain you were in. 

                                                **

A few hours have passed and everyone started winding down but the nurses came in to check up on you and suggested for you to get up and walk around. One of the nurses held your hand while she guided you around the room.

"Is someone going to check how many centimeters I am now?"

"I can check for you after we finish walking around...."

"You're still about 3 centimeters, dear."

You groaned loudly because you were becoming more frustrated. You felt uncomfortable and over time feeling drained. 

"If you want to rest, this could be a good time since your doctor won't show up until early in the morning."

"That sounds like a good idea."

                                                 **

You barely got any rest. When your doctor showed up, she came to check up on you.

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?"

"Miserable."

"I know. We're doing our best to help you get comfortable but you aren't close 10 centimeters yet."

"How many am I now?"

"About 5." You groaned. You wanted this to be over. Your doctor checked her watch.

"It's been about 9 hours now."

"This is too much."

"Would you want an epidural? It might even help you sleep for a little bit."

"Okay..."

Gohan and the others were still asleep, except for Chichi who was half-awake when the nurses came in to help your doctor give you the epidural shot into your back. It was painful at first but it didn't take long to start feeling the effects of the shot. You were feeling more comfortable and relaxed. After your doctor and the nurses left, you felt someone brush your hair away from your face. You weren't sure if it was your mother but the hand felt soft and feminine. When your eyes were able to focus, you saw that it was Chichi. She leaned in to give you a long kiss on your forehead. You were happy she did that. It calmed you even more and cooed you to sleep. You were able to sleep for hours.

When you woke up, you checked for Gohan and the others. Most had been awake for a long while now and had gotten food. 

"Hey..."

"Heeeeeeeey...." Everyone said in unison. 

"Hey, you. How are you feeling?" Gohan walked over to give you some food and a big kiss on the cheek. 

"They gave me an epidural when you were asleep so pretty great."

"I'm glad."

After Gohan gave you some food to eat, your doctor came in again and let you know that she was going to check how far you've dilated. You were munching on your food when you heard her spoke.

"Alright! Guess whose 10 centimeters dilated?"

Everyone started smiling and cheering except for you. You didn't expect this to happen when you were eating. The last thing you wanted.

"Don't worry too much. You can finish snacking. But after you're done, it's time to deliver this baby."

You had a piece of toast hanging from your mouth as you watch your doctor exit your room. She was going to start preparing for your delivery. 

It was time.

Your baby was about to come into the world.