35

You and Gohan held off on telling everyone about your pregnancy. Your doctor informed you that miscarriages are known to happen around the beginning. It's better to wait before letting everyone know. Knowing that made everything feel scary. You were afraid of having one. Anytime you had negative thoughts, you'd rub your belly to remind yourself that your baby was going to be okay.

When it came to be supportive, Gohan was there right by your side. He'd noticed, most of the time when you weren't feeling well. He would ask you if you would want him to step out to get you anything or if you wanted a back or foot massage. Most of the time you took the massages. 

A few months passed and your doctor finally gave you two the okay to spread the news. You and Gohan felt nothing but glee and excitement. You were so happy that everything was going to be okay. You were happy that this next step in life was causing you more joy than fright. Gohan made plans and told you that Bulma insisted on everyone meeting her place. She said it feels like a long time since she's seen everyone at her place.

You thought it was perfect because you remember how good the food is that her personal chefs cook and you've been craving it.

The weekend arrived and the gathering fell on a Saturday. You and Gohan drove over and noticed you two were first.

"Oh, doesn't look like anyone is here yet."

"Oh no. You parents and Goten have to be the firsts to know though."

"I know. I agree...maybe we should make a loop around the place?"

"Well, Bulma does live in a mansion. Let's do it and hopefully by the time we circle back around, your parents will be here."

"Sounds good."

You watched as Gohan put the car in drive and started driving around Bulma's house. You two knew that if you two when inside first, it would be obvious what the news is because you starting to show now. You and Gohan already agreed that his parents would be first, then his friends and your parents last.

"I kind of wanted to ask you something." He asked while having his eyes on the road.

"Yeah?"

"...do you feel bad that we didn't invite your parents?" You paused to look out the window. Having your parents here, having them more present, that's all you've ever wanted.

"I do...but...even if we did...they might just ruin it. Just like they tried to ruin our graduation party a few years ago."

"I still remember that vividly." He sighed. "I wanted to ask because I thought it would have been great for both of our parents to be here since they could be."

"I know, Gohan. I feel the same way but unfortunately, this is just how things are. I know it would be nicer to have everyone together but you've already witnessed my parents."

He was silent for a little bit.

"I know...that's why I invited them." You were a little surprised to hear that.

"You did? What did they say?"

"They said they'd show up when they can. Honestly, I sent Piccolo to go get them." That surprised you even more.

"You don't think that's a bit much?"

"You don't think what they're doing is unnecessary? You're pregnant! You're going to have our child. We have a home, a car! and a baby on the way! I've been keeping this to myself because the last thing I wanna do is cause you stress but your parents HAVE TO be here for your pregnancy announcement and I told Piccolo not to take no for an answer. I've been patient with your parents for long enough. They are going to act like the family we are whether they like it or not."