Arthur and the Siren

Start from the beginning

With that the lights go up just enough so that the woman can see. She surveys the audience seeing all the hands ready to request their song. Arthur tentatively raises his hand and she notices him out of the corner of her eye. She walks over the front of the stage and crouches down near Arthur.

"Well hello sweetie, you're new. I do love to see a new face. Do you have a song for me?" Arthur could feel his face grow red as his eyes looked into hers, and then to her lips which were parted in a beautiful bright smile.

"C......could y-you sing sad song please?" Arthur managed to stutter out. She mussed for a moment looking to the band, after getting a nod, she turned back to Arthur.

"Of course, sweetie, I'd love to. Now what's your name? I always like to know who I'm singing to."

Arthur couldn't speak, her voice was like warm honey and Arthur was drowning.

She looked at him seeing the nervousness in his eyes. She went over and grabbed the mic and walked back to Arthur. "Clive turn the house lights back down please." With that Arthur was enveloped in a comforting darkness.

"Is that better sweetie?" she asked quietly.

Arthur nodded.

"Good, now what's your name?"

"A-arthur." He blurted out.

"Well hello Arthur, I'm pleased to meet you, my name is (y/n). Will you do me a favour and help me down from the stage?"

She held out her hand and signalled for him to join her at the steps at the side of the stage. Arthur rose from his seat and took her hand and gripped it gently as she descended the stairs. She turned on the mic and the band started to play. Arthur let go of her hand to return to his seat, but she quickly pulled him back and she drew him to her, she placed his hands on her hips and her hand on his shoulder and began to sway as she sang just for him.

You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song
I'm just a sad song

She placed her head on his chest and Arthur pulled her in slightly closer. He thought she would protest, slap his face, call him a freak; but she did nothing other than carry on singing. How could someone so beautiful want to be so close to someone like him, he thought; this must be some lucid dream, an amazing illusion. But no matter what it was he never wanted it to end.

With you, I fall
It's like I'm leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall
With you, I'm a beautiful mess
It's like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears up on the edge

So stop time right here in the moonlight
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song

She took her head from Arthur's chest and looked into his green eyes, giving him a warm gentle smile and his heart skipped a beat.

You're the perfect melody
The only harmony I wanna hear
You're my favourite part of me
With you standing next to me
I've got nothing to fear