Chapter 16 ~ Father, daughter time

Start from the beginning

"You know what I meant. You wouldn't be here unless there was a reason or trouble."

"Can't I just pick up my lovely daughter from school?"

I squint my eyes and raise a brow at him. "What's the catch here?"

"Just hop in the car. I want to spend some quality father, daughter time with you."

I turn to Roy who is enjoying this whole conversation.

"Do you think he's up to something?" I ask Roy playfully.

"Oh yeah, he's definitely up to something." He says back in a playful tone and looks at Dad who smiles at him.

I give Roy a hug before I hop into the car. "I'll see you tomorrow, Roy."

"See you tomorrow." He waves as Dad pulls off.

"Where are we going?" I ask once we are on the road. I turn to look at him, waiting for an answer.

"Well I did tell you in the elevator that I wanted to get ice cream," Dad says, taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at me before focusing back on the road.

"Right. Before Rumlow and his goons ruined that." I say, remembering it exactly.

He nods and continues driving, meanwhile I connect my phone to the car and start playing music. I wanted to blast it, but Dad of course told me to turn it down because he wouldn't be able to hear the sirens if there were any. Some of my songs he did like, others he didn't and he would scrunch up his face if he didn't like it which tells me to switch songs. I know for a fact he hates rock music, he says it's too loud so I stay away from that for his sake.

We get to the ice cream shop. I get (favorite ice cream) while he just gets plain vanilla.

"What flavor is that?" Dad asks as we lean against our, or should I say Tony's, car.

"It's (favorite ice cream). You should try it." I hand out the bowl to him.

He takes it and we switch so now I have his bowl of ice cream and he has mine. I start eating some of his. He takes a spoonful of my ice cream and his eyes light up.

"This is so good." He says and starts taking more spoonfuls.

"Hey! Don't eat all of my ice cream." I laugh as he tries to keep it away from me so he can eat it.

Dad laughs too, but eventually we switch back and finish our ice cream. I throw our plastic bowls in the trash as Dad gets something out of the trunk of the car. He holds up some laser tag equipment.

"Did you also take that from Tony?" I ask him as I raise a brow at him.

"He won't notice." Dad shrugs. "And I thought that we would have a little competition."

I walk over to face him, even though I'm much shorter than he is. "You're going down Spangles."

"We'll see about that," Dad says back, accepting the challenge.

We go to the park right across the street from us. We put on the laser tag equipment and then face each other, ready for the game.

What was supposed to be a friendly game of laser tag between us turned into a full-on competition though. We started using our training and SHIELD tactics to take the other down. I even went as far as using my speed to get points. It's tied up, 6-6, next point wins. There are only four ways to get a point, shooting them in the chest or the two pockets by the shoulder or shooting them in the back.

I run as fast as I can behind him, ready to shoot but he predicts my move and ducks, then whips his body around and shoots. I move just in time and kick at him while he's still bent down. He grabs my leg and yanks me to the ground, pinning me down. I vibrate myself out of his grasp before he gets a chance to shoot and I run behind him once again and shoot. He rolls out the way and I send a speed kick his way. He blocks his face with his arm, but the force of my kick makes him skid back on the ground. He goes to shoot at me from where he is but I quickly run behind a tree.