Fallen

Warning: Lemon

Atem didn't know when he fell in love with Yugi.

Maybe it was there from the moment he saw him and yet did not notice or it was from the months they had spent together. Atem never figured that out, letting those feelings bloon quitely and welcoming them like a warm hug, until he could barely contain it anymore.

He still didn't feel attracted to other people, men or women alike, finding himself distancing when someone would try initiating any sexual or flirty contacts. However, sweet and mysterious Yugi, he wouldn't mind letting the court musician and personal bodyguard, A.K.A his friend, touch him in that way.

In fact, he basked in it and absorbed it like a sponge. He knew he held deep affections for the other male, borderline worshipping the ground Yugi walked on. It terrified and yet exhilarated Atem, to experience this new feelings, so foreign and so warm.

Currently, the Pharaoh was in his private garden, sun kissed legs dipped in the water of the small artificial pond while sitting underneath the cool shade of a palm tree. It was a lazy day, no meetings, no complains, just a day to relax. Atem enjoyed this days, simply content to lay and bask in the little time he had to have a day to himself.

"Something on your mind, my Pharaoh?" A silky voice asked.

Atem was startled out of his half-asleep state, glancing over to Yugi, who had a small smile gracing his porcelain features, the wind blowing  and the sun making his skin glow with a hazy light.

Atem smiled brightly at the other, his eyes shining. "Hello there, Yugi." He then frowned at the formality. "How many times have I told you to call me by my name when we are alone?"

Yugi shrugged, chuckling at the disdain in Atem's voice, a pretty smirk  crossing his red lips. "Too many times to count since the past year I arrived and met you."

The musician sat down besides Atem, slipping off his shoes and dipping his feet in the cool waters. Atem siddled closer to Yugi, snatching his hand and giving it a comforting squeeze. Atem didn't mind it, nor did Yugi, they just embraced that touching each other was a part of their routine.

Yugi had been disappearing every once in a while, Atem often wondering where the fair male even went. The pharaoh feared that if Yugi kept this up, he would not return to the palace anymore and would leave him forever.

"I have a question for you, Yugi."

"Oh? Be careful with that, young pharaoh, you might not get the answers you wish to hear."

"I told you to call me Atem..."

Yugi giggled, a sound that Atem loved and basked in. "I apologise, Atem but yes, you may ask a question from me, choose your words wisely."

Yugi had a habit of speaking in strange patterns but Atem paid no attention to that, in fact, he also loved that about the man in front of him.

Atem let out a hum, running his thumb across Yugi's pallid hand. "Where do you go to when you leave the palace?"

Yugi blinked, eyes softening but letting his guard down. He didn't want Atem to know who he was. "Oh, is that it?" He asked teasingly, earning a timid nodded from Atem, who ran a hand through his hair with obvious anxiety.

"Yes." Atem replied.

Yugi smiled and intertwined their hands, marveling at the differences between their skin, Atem's cheeks flushed as the musician reciprocated the initiated contact. "You don't have to worry about me, Atem. I'm just going out to take care of something and run errands." He said, telling half the truth.