Chapter 4: Father's Son

Harry immediately ran to the dungeon after lunch. "Watch it, Potter!" yelled Malfoy maliciously. "Potter, no running, it's for your own safety," said Minerva McGonagall. Harry slowed down, but once he was out of earshot, he quickened his pace. Without even bothering to knock, he flung open the dungeon door. 

    "How very extraordinary you are like your father," said Snape, his black eyes glinting. "Without bothering to knock. How rude. So was your father." Harry glared. "Don't insult my father. Why did Mum marry him? Why not you? Because you called her Mudblood, because he became mature, because you served Lord Voldemort." 

      "Don't say the name!" spat Severus, though he thought that the boy had a point, and he was feeling like Lily was hating him all over again. "And you know, Potter, what your father did to me. You have got to admit. "LORD VOLDEMORT!" bellowed Harry. "I SAID DO NOT SPEAK THE NAME!" Severus roared back. "NO! LORD VOLDEMORT!" Harry screamed. "What, afraid to use your master's name? I don't blame you, Severus Snape." "You are a student. Do not dare say my full name, Harry James--" he spat the name 'James' with bitterness and anger "--Potter. I am a teacher. Now you shut your fucking mouth!"

                 "You're setting a bad example for me! Swearing and cussing in front of students, that's how you solve all your problems, huh?" Harry quipped.Glaring, he stomped to the door, making loud slapping sounds on the stone floor. 

               "That does not do anything, Potter. You will only hurt yourself. Be wise. Not brawny." But Harry was already out the door. 

      Oh, how could Severus ever had thought the he was truly his mother's son? He was too much like his father. Arrogant, stubborn, a lot of habits inherited from James... he shook his head, wishing he had a time turner so he could slip Potter a Draught of Living Death in his pumpkin juice.