Chapter 18 | Encounter

Start from the beginning

"That necklace has her insignia. It will tell those who wish to harm you that you belong to Lacrimosa. As idiotic as she seem right now, she still ruled her own domain." Imperia explained in detail. They finally understand the reason for the necklace.

"Wear then around your neck as you enter my father's domain. At this moment on, every devil in the vicinity, land or in the sky will sense your presence and scent. There is no place for you to hide except in my care." Lacrimosa smiled before leaning back to her seat.

"You haven't told me the background of this creature you want me to kill. All I know is that he is your fiancé," Lacrimosa grimaces as she heard it.

"Please don't call him that. He is twice my age and even if he's the last resort for my family's survivability, I still wouldn't pick him to be my husband. I rather have a family with a labourer." Imperia finds it funny to see the devil acted like so.

"He has the gut to asked for your hand in marriage. I say the only sane creature to actually find you a perfect candidate to be a wife is the insane one. And I hope your fiancé has a lot of money because you spent them like a running river." Lacrimosa glared at the vampire.

"Well, he's done a few businesses here and there. I say he's pretty loaded for an old man." Lacrimosa played along.

"You really think someone as high maintenance like me care about a smidge of wealth? Like you said, I have a luxurious way of life. He wouldn't be able to cover for my expanses alone with his job. I am exclusive. As slutty as I may look, I seek for real romance once in a while. I need someone who care for me sincerely. And not because I shove my assets in front of their faces." Imperia smiled at the devil.

"And that alone tells me you're a genuine creature." Lacrimosa blushes in a deep shade of red.

***

"Just ignore everyone as you walk into the mansion. Since the gala is tomorrow, some of my relative decided to come earlier than expected. I didn't announce you as my new advisor. I'm sure they will be shock to see you instead of my real advisor." Imperia looks out of the window as the car drive towards their final destination.

"Your family has such a big domain. It is expected from a demon lord." The humans were surprised to see that hell looks a lot like the place where they came from. They were baffled to see nothing is engulf in flame.

"If you're wondering why it looks so normal than what the bibles had selected it's because my father placeD a strong spell to keep everything as peaceful as it can get. But trust me, it's far from being peaceful. He just want to show it that it is for his guests. After all, some of the most powerful devil and creatures will be coming to the gala." Lacrimosa ignores the call from her father's advisor as she walks into the hallway.

Imperia took this chance to act as the devil's 'advisor' before following Lacrimosa's footstep from behind.

"Is there any reason why you're being rude to that creature?" Imperia asked when she manage to keep up with the devil together with the humans.

"I have no time dealing with pathetic creature who only knows to kiss my father's ass. A busy woman like me have far better things to do than listening to crappy old creature. He's the one responsible for my parents agreeing to that stupid proposal." Imperia raised her eyebrows when she saw several woman in such a revealing two piece costume dancing with a pole while the rest of the demons seemed to be having a conversation with each other.

It didn't take long for them to realised that a vampire and a couple of humans standing in the same room as they are.

"Lacrimosa, what is the meaning of this?" A woman forcefully pulled Lacrimosa towards her and demand answers for our presence.

"Meet my new advisors and her assistants. Nice seeing you too, mother. Aren't you happy to see me home?" Lacrimosa was about to hug her mother when her father made himself known. Imperia raised an eyebrow when he stood next to her with all his glory while the rest seems afraid of him.

"Should you be doing something, servant?" Imperia was this close to losing it when Lacrimosa motion for her to bow. Imperia did as told, for now.

"What kind of atrocity you decided to bring home this time? What do you want to achieved by doing something like this to your family? Have you forgotten that you're the demon lord's daughter? I only letting you to have your brother's position because your nephew is still a child. Trust me when he's old enough, you'll be jobless." Imperia kind of understand what kind of upbringing Lacrimosa has to endure. She was force into things she didn't want to do from the very moment she was born.

"Oh I remember. And we agreed that you won't be questioning what I want to do with my domain. It's mine and you have no right to judge me. Beside, you're lucky that I even agreed to be here. If I have to follow my guts, I'll be burning this place to the ground now after what you've done. How dare you married me off to some old crap." Lacrimosa didn't even control herself as she defying her own father.

Imperia decided to stand between the devil and his daughter when he's about to raised his hand.

"I don't think that is wise, my lord. Hurting her only excite her to the point of no return. I'm sorry for her rudeness." The demon lord sigh before facing the vampire.

"Aren't you afraid of me, vampire? I for one, loves to devour a healthy vampire such as yourself. Their blood makes he best wine ever." Imperia didn't find it terrifying even for one bit. For her it's only a warning from a fellow demon lord. But for others, it's a threat. A death threat.

"I don't appreciate the tone of your voice, my lord. But even you can't touch me. Don't make me use my full power on you. Your daughter's safety is my priority. And even if I have to kill you for her, I will." Imperia's words were like venom but the demon lord looks at her with a scoff while the rest of his guests hissed at her for defying the lord.

"What can a weak vampire such as yourself do to me? Not even the Akeldama empress can harm me. What makes you think you can defeat me that easily?" Imperia was surprised to hear that name once again.

"King Dracul's descendent has been tainted. But I'm sure my dear old friend, Kora Akeldama will win a brawl against you. I mean, I can see how long you haven't been practicing your combat skills. Now please,don't make me force you to stand down, my lord." Lacrimosa was beginning to feel anxious to how Imperia decided to talk to her father rudely in front of his guests.

Knowing her own father, he won't let it slide that easily.

"What a insolent servant you are!" The demon lord was about to hit Imperia on the face when the vampire catches his fist easily. The aftershock made the humans grabbing onto Lacrimosa's flowing dress.

"What in the world?! Let me go! Let me go at once!" The demon lord was struggling to be free from the vampire's crushing hold but his efforts were pointless.

"That's enough, Imperia. Don't make it worse." Imperia heed the devil's command and let go. The demon lord rubs his fist before facing his daughter.

"Who is this vampire?" He asked.

"Her name is Imperia Luna. The queen of Gotus." Lacrimosa introduces. The demon lord was surprised and so does the rest of his guests.

"And what's the purpose of her visit her?" Lacrimosa smiled at her father.

"To make things right."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

For chapter 19-28, please do visit my Inkitt Profile. Just click on the link below. Don't worry, it's free to download.

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_themoonlightdemon

All you have to do is download the app (don't worry it's free), follow my profile, and add my stories into your reading list.

And if the link doesn't work, just check my description. Thank you for the support!!