"Hmmm". Was all Laney said as she dove into other lighter topics.

Eventually Laney served up dessert which was wonderful as well as my favorite, chocolate lava cake. However midway through I begin to feel lightheaded and extremely hot. I loosened my tie and reached for my water glass. "Are you okay London? You're sweating and look pail".

Downing the water I spoke. "I don't know. I think I need to lay down" .

Laney stood as if to help me but as soon as I rose I collapsed in the floor from dizziness. Laney cocked her head and looked at me oddly. "Don't fight it London. Just give in and have a nap".

I tried to get up but my body felt too heavy. Also I stared at Laney trying to understand why she had drug me but my eye's were starting to close and I gave in to the power of the meds.   My only conclusion was that Laney knew and I tried to speak but my word's were slurred. "It's not what you think baby doll".

" Neither is this". I heard her say before my lights went out.

Within a few hours I awoke with my head hanging low and my chin buried into my chest. I knew that I was setting up in a chair but when I went to move I discovered that my hands as well as my feet were tied to the chair. Forcing the fuzziness from my eye's i tried to focus on my surroundings and recall what had happened previously. I remember having a nice dinner with my wife but still couldn't come to terms with her drugging me. As for being tied up I had no clue as to why.

Straining my eye's, I finally shook off the effects of the drugs and saw that I was in my own warehouse. I sat at a romantic decorated table like the one I had just sat at with Laney in my home. Wine glasses and red roses dotted the white lien cloth as Madame butterfly still played. Then I saw Natalie across the table from me in pretty much the same fashion as myself... Tied and knocked out.

Scanning the room I saw no one else. Maybe Laney hadn't drug me. Maybe it was someone else and maybe Laney has been captured as well. Right now nothing made sense. Finally Natalie begin to stir and once she realized her situation a terrifying scream ripped from her lungs. "Calm down" . I ordered curtly.

"You will only bring unwanted attention to us". I hissed.

" Our best bet is to try and work ourselves free before whoever is responsible returns". I insisted as I tried to work my hands loose.

Before I could even try I heard that all too familiar sound of heels clicking. Without even seeing her I knew it was Laney. As her figure emerged from the shadows and into the dimly lit room I roared. "What the hell is going on? Release me now".

Laney gave me the thin smile that she usually reserves for her enemies. Walking closer she stalled long enough to light a cigarette and take a deep inhale. This wasn't going to be good. Laney only smokes before a kill. Fixing her eye's on me she cocked her head to the side and finally spoke. "Awwww... My London, don't you know why you are here?"

" Laney you are confused. You don't understand the situation. She was nothing to me other than leads on Marcus. Never did I touch her, never did I want her". I roared still trying to break free.

"What is happening" . Natalie cried in hysterics.

Ignoring Natilies cries Laney focused on me. "So that makes it right? However you look at it you was spending time with another woman other than the queen. Don't you recall what happened the last time you chose another woman over me because I do. Her name was Emily Michaels and you chose to meet with her instead of attend my opening with me. Do you remember what happened to me that night because I do. I was abducted by a man named Angelo.... Love. That man turned me into the monster I am now. If not for your poor decisions that night I would still be Laney Valor, sweet, innocent woman. Instead I'm a killer, I'm evil and I simply just don't give a fuck anymore."

I've seen this look in her eye's before but never had the look been focused on me. "Baby doll you need to back down so we can talk. This is a misunderstanding" . I tried to reason.

"Yes, yes it is but a misunderstanding on your part. You see when I started hunting Marcus it didn't take long to find him. After all I loved with him for nearly two year's. I knew his connections, his hideouts. What I didn't plan on discovering was you and Miss Natalie here. I'll tell you, that threw me a curve ball". Laney paused to laugh.

" But as always I recovered and stood back up as I always do, remember I'm a queen and my crown may slide a bit but it never falls. You could imagine my despair though especially after your former treatment of me and the destruction of my beloved chaise that I haven't forgot about. Maybe I'll build your casket from the leftover broken pieces. Yea, that will make me happy".

"Laney, cut the shit and explain what the hell is going on". I demanded.

" And as for you chaise I rebuilt it". I added.

"Maybe so but it will never be the same, nothing will. After discovering your little girlfriend I decided to give Marcus a call. You know, two old friends catching up. Turns out Miss Natalie here was not just fucking him but working for him as well. She was feeding him info about you. However Marcus and I came to a sweet understanding. I finally saw you for what you were and was ashamed of myself for never trusting Marcus. As a peace offering I agreed to hand deliver you to him."

As Laney said that Marcus made his entrance smiling as if he had already won. Laney took one last drag from her cigarette before snubbing it out on the top of Natilie's hand them walked over to Marcus. I watched as she wrapped her arms around his waist and he pulled her closer. "I'll fucking kill the both of you". I bellowed as I watched my baby doll plant a kiss to his vile lips.

" So we finally meet again brother". Marcus directed toward me.

"You have never been my brother" . I growled.

Laney smiled up at him as if he were a God and whispered. "It's time".

I watched as she removed my favorite dagger from the strap on her leg hidden under her dress. "Laney". I merely whispered full of hurt.

The love of my life would be the one to end me.