The Musician And Guard?

"Mahad?"

"Yes, sire?"

"Who is that man?"

Mahad blinked at Atem's question, gaze fixated on something. The court magician and guardian of the pharaoh turned his electric blue eyes to where the shorter man's stare was, chuckling when he saw where it landed.

"Forgive me sire, but I don't know his name, all I know is that he's the court musician and is training to be your new personal guard." Mahad answered honestly.

Atem frowned. A court musician and his personal guard? That sent a suspicious tingle down Atem's spine. "Is he now?"

"That's what I heard, sire."

The person was sitting on a stool placed in the garden, playing a harp, their fingers plucking the strings with profound grace. He was wearing a white robe, gold armbands adorning his arms, while a scabbard lay innocently by his side. The birds and animals were circling around the person, looking content and listening to the music he was playing.

Atem, from a distance, knew that even with the stranger's back turned, had an inkling that the figure was attractive but found no stirring desires to know what was on the stranger's mind. He was merely curious on why the stranger was in the private garden, since no one was allowed to go in there.

"Is he really allowed in the gardens at such times like this?" Atem asked. "And why does he have two positions in my palace?"

Mahad shrugged. "I don't know, your Majesty. The guards reported that he is strong even with such small frame, he's been tested and proven worthy by besting even the elite of our guards."

Atem whistled, impressed, quirking a brow. "And being a musician? Is he bad?" The pharaoh didn't hear Yugi's music because they were far away.

"No, sire. I heard he was unparalleled and one of the best in there. The musicians and dancers love him to no end because of his music, last I hear." Mahad said.

Atem hummed, his amusement growing by the single notion of this person. Unparalleled and even defeating his best soldiers? How cool was that? The strangeright have had some kind of practice in the past to earn such skills.

Atem sighed and turned on his heel, dismissing himself from where they were watching the stranger, Mahad following him obediently.

"We best be on our way, Mahad. I still have a meeting to attend to."

"Of course, your Majesty. As you command."

Little did the Pharaoh and Magician know, the stranger stopped playing his harp, watching as they walked away with curious violet orbs.

XxXx

The second time the pharaoh met the stranger in the garden was in the celebration of his birth. Atem was on his way to the banquet hall, dodging Noble women and men alike who tended to flirt with him. It didn't repulse him, just made him a tad bit uncomfortable when they got into his personal boundary. Atem wasn't aroused when women threw themselves at him, it irritated him, because they were nothing to him, only viewing them just like any other human, bland and strange.

'If one more Noble throws themselves at me, I swear to Ra that I'll kill myself' Atem thought.

Unlike others, Atem didn't feel any desire to be with anyone, nor was he craving for any sexual contact. He just didn't see the point in it. It wouldn't bring him any pleasure nor closure.

One thing was sure, Atem had no preference.

The celebration, as always was grand, held in an open hall serving as the banquet area. Servants, nobles, and commoners were all invited, laughing and dining to their hearts content.