CHAPTER 133: Just Because of a Single Kiss

Start from the beginning

A girl and a boy who clearly have feelings for each other stayed under one roof alone, just the two of them together, with no one to interrupt them aside from the family's pet cat...

Ichidou grabbed his hair and began lauging like someone who went insane. Well, isn't that just jolly! It would be a miracle if something didn't happen!

Before his imagination could run wild, he hit himself repeatedly with a pillow on the head so he can get rid of useless thoughts. Growing up with Ryoma and Ryouko, he knows how emotionally-unavailable the both of them acts. They're a perfect pair of tsunderes so nothing of that sort would happen between them.

"Think wholesome... Away with you, evil thoughts..." he mumbled repeatedly as he continued hitting himself with the pillow.

Ichidou dived under the covers, collecting his thoughts again, purer and more innocent thoughts this time...

So if nothing along the line of ero- ahem, 'extreme skinship' happened, then maybe... Just maybe... Because they spent time so close to each other without no one to bother them, they came to realize what they really feel for each other?

But if that is so, then what the heck is stupid Ryoma doing? Can it be that it was Ryouko who confessed first and that's why she looked so embarrassed and disoriented?

Ichidou sat up again, feeling rage bubbling from inside. "The nerve! If that stupid Ryoma did make Ryouko confess first, I'm gonna bury him alive!" he thought, unreasonably getting angry at a fact that he didn't even verify.

"Wait a minute, something about that doesn't make sense..." his subconscious said, calming him down. If Ryouko-chan did confess, that idiot Ryoma wouldn't possibly reject her. Why would he, when the feeling is mutual?

In the first place, Ichidou couldn't imagine either of them confessing feelings of affection to anyone. Because they're a pair of genuine tsunderes... Yes, that fact cannot be overlooked.

So there was no confession but something definitely happened that put a wedge between them, making Ryouko avoid Ryoma as if she did something wrong to him. Ichidou punched a fist on his palm, experiencing a breakthrough. Right! He might be onto something with that! Ryouko was indeed behaving as if she's a fugitive running away from the police or someone who owed money from a loan shark.

But before Ichidou could proceed with another theory, someone knocked on his door.

"Yes?" he answered automatically.

The door opened and Licht's lean build stood by the doorway. "Obocchama, your lunch had been ready for a while now... It's almost 1 o'clock. Aren't you hungry?"

"Oh, it's already past noon?" Ichidou absent-mindedly mumbled and he looked at the time on the alarm clock on the bedside table.

"Are you alright, obocchama? Usually you'd be traipsing inside the kitchen nagging for me to get lunch ready before 11 o'clock. I've been wondering why you haven't gone downstairs yet... Are you sick? Do you want me to carry your lunch here instead?" Licht asked.

"No, no... I'm quite fine... I just have a lot to think about..." Ichidou replied.

With that, he told Licht he would be down in three minutes and the butler went to heat his food.

As Ichidou ate alone in the large dining table, Licht carried in a new batch of flowers and started changing the contents of the vases that decorated the dining room.

The two of them kept silent, focusing on their own tasks when Ichidou had a sudden idea. Why not ask for Licht's opinion about the things he had been thinking about? After all, Licht is an adult with more life experiences.