Nine Million

"So kids, the very next morning I got up, did my morning routine and left my apartment for Love Solutions."

As I went to lock the apartment with my keys, I released a yelp as I was pushed against the door by two people running down the hallway.

"Sorry, but his boat is sinking!" The person who pushed me yelled back at me.

"There's no time to apologize, Ted, my boat is sinking!" The other guy yelled at him.

Okay, yeah that was weird and rude. At least I'll never see those weird guys ever again.

By the time I reached the Love Solutions building, I paused by the main entrance. Was I really going to do this? I mean the odds of even having a soulmate are pretty slim. But to find them in New York? The place I just so happened to move to? That's more Hallmark channel than it is real life.

"Now kids, I didn't know it at the time, but what happened next was pure fate. Just as I was having second thoughts about this whole thing, a bus with an ad for Metro News drove by. Growing up I didn't believe in things like signs from the universe or fate and destiny. That was until I realized the universe was trying really hard to get me into that building."

The second I walked inside the Love Solutions building I was greeted by a nice warmth. The first thing I noticed is the waiting room was empty and that it reminded me of my childhood therapist's waiting room.

There were three chairs and a comfy looking couch against the wall, two nice wooded end tables on either side of the couch, and a receptionist with a nice welcoming smile. I walked up to the receptionist nervously.

"Welcome to Love Solutions, how can I help you today?" She said.

"Hi, I saw the segment for Love Solutions on the news last night? I was wondering if I could set up an appointment or fill something out?" I asked her. Oh boy, why was I so nervous? I didn't even believe in this five seconds ago.

"Yes of course! Right now Ellen is seeing two gentlemen but if you fill this out right here we can get you started on your journey in a half-hour." The receptionist handed me a questionnaire and gave me a smile. I feel that she could sense I was nervous about this whole thing cause she probably sees this all the time.

"And whom should I call for when we're ready for you?" The receptionist asked.

"Navarro, Lori Navarro," I replied.

I thanked her and sat down with the clipboard and paper.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10? 15?:

Okay geez diving straight into this.

31 - Have a real career in media marketing. 36 - maybe be married by then. 41 - raising my two kids without worrying about money and coming home to a nice husband or life partner.

List 6 hobbies/interests:

Reading, writing, sudoku, learning new instruments, old movies, musicals.

Cats or dogs?:

Cats AND dogs.

What is your level of education completed?:

Bachelor's degree.

List top 3 fears:

Dying in a car crash, never achieving anything important, hamsters.