5 | Your Heart is Best Broken

Start from the beginning

"Yup!" Kaminari chimes in, beatifically grinning as I brush off my hands and rummage around the cabinets for another pan. "Bacon and pancakes...for lunch?" I reiterate, somehow deceiving myself for a moment that mere emphasis alone would allow me to get my point across. "Kiri was manly and took up my challenge, so yes, bacon and pancakes for lunch," Kaminari continues.

Why do I even bother with these idiots? "Since you two are gonna burn every damn thing you touch, it looks like I've gotta make sure you don't blow this place up," I sigh, questioning what I'm currently doing with my life.

Seriously, why the hell am I acting like this? Tch. Ever since that emo dipshit crashed back down into my life, I haven't been the same. Damn fool thinks he can easily sway me? Well, he wouldn't be wrong—no, he is wrong. I'll prove that I'm superior to his asinine efforts to overtake my head.

"Whoa, you can cook, Bakugou?" Kirishima oggles, peering over my shoulder as I lay a few strips of pale white and pink bacon down into a fresh pan. The moment that the slimy, tender strips of meat slap against the hot surface of the pan, they begin to hiss and quiver.

Before I can open my mouth to respond to Kirishima, a certain loser with fluffy green hair and an idiotic freckled face sprints into the kitchen with his arms flying around. "Wh-What's going on?" Deku gasps, his jittering green eyes scanning the kitchen like it's a crime scene reeking of the irony odor of blood. "What happened? I-I smelled smoke!" Once his eyes meet mine, his expression is instantly struck down with a blade of anguish.

With tremendous resistance to my pulsing desire to slam the scalding frying pan in my hands into Deku's face, I refrain from succumbing to the tempting action. "Nothin'. Just these two idiots destroying all they touch," I grumble, curling my hands tightly into the warm, sleek black handle of the pan. "Now scram, Deku. Beat it before I beat you." Staring him down with my dagger eyes, I internally laugh at the way Deku's lips pull to the sides and his eyes enlarge, his pupils taking in two massive gasps for air.

Raising his shoulders up, Deku looks down at the floor. "I-I just...wanted to make sure none of y-you were hurt." Well, now you're a liar! You're starting to piss me off even more than Todoroki! "But I g-guess I'm not needed. So I'll just t-take my leave."

Deku turns to leave, but Kirishima and Kaminari pass each other rapid glances as if they're telepathically formulating some strange machination together. "Hold it, Midoriya!" Kaminari shouts, frantically sprinting up to the damn nerd and whirling around in front of him. "We're sure Bakugou didn't really mean what he said. Oh, and you're not unneeded! You know there's a party in a few hours, right?"

Biting his lip, Deku fidgets with his fingers, flicking his attention between me, Kaminari, and Kirishima. I can read the unsettling air his eyes are soaking in, but he musters up a half-assed grin. "Y-Yeah, I know, but I'm n-not good at baking things. Thanks, though." The deadpan stare he shoots at me for a fraction of a second before leaving converts the blood pumping through my veins into gasoline.

"Aww. Kami, you think he's just too shy?" Kirishima sighs dejectedly. "Or... Bakugou, your manliness intimidated him and he ran off!" He grins widely at me while Kaminari offers a thumbs-up.

Not confident enough to say you hate me in front of a crowd, huh? I think while transferring the sizzling bacon in the pan to a large white plate with a paper towel placed on top of it. The pure white paper towel is splattered with stains of grease—a kind of residue that's a pain in the ass to wash. What a wuss! Hmm. Tch. Deku, I swear to God, if you're tryin' to use me... You piece of shit. I know you're not an airhead like Half 'n Half. Both of you and your damn games! I'll kill you both!