Chapter 65: Building

Ben's POV:

I walk into my room followed by Finn and Poe. When the younglings see me they all shout surprise and scoot towards the walls so I may see what is hiding behind them. I stare at their work in awe and start to tear up. "Please don't cry, Master Ben. We were only trying to make you happy. We just wanted to help you and Master Rey." Nima explains. I bend down to her height and place a hand on her shoulder. "I am extremely happy and proud of the work you all have done. Rey is going to be so proud of all of you." I explain to her. I end up falling over as the younglings dog-pile hug me. Finn and Poe laugh at the scene unfolding in front of them. "Who knew all you needed to defeat an all-powerful Gray Jadi was a horde of force-sensitive children?" Poe jokes which end up causing everyone to laugh and giggle even more. After saying thank you and good night to each child, I send them to bed.

I am exploring my students' craftsmanship when Poe and Finn pull me aside. "We found these..." Finn starts while handing me a set of blueprints. "They are called youngling pods." He explains."Why are you showing this to me?" I ask even though I already know the answer. "We all know there is going to be a war and probably sooner then we would like to admit," Finn explains."When word reaches the Final Order that Rey and you have had your kids, force only knows what they will try to do." Poe continues.

"Build them with the best materials we can get our hands-on. Just don't let Rey know their real use and purpose. I do not need her to be more worried than she already is." I state flatly. With that said, we split ways for the night, praying to the force that this peace will last a little longer.