Chapter 3: Pulled from the podium

Bakugou sat at his desk, writing out an analysis for his training results. Somehow meeting this divine being didn't change him, others would probably try to take over the world or make some money by using the god. However, Bakugou just enjoyed the company. In the past he felt greater than anyone else, a king of kings. He would hate any competition and yet Todoroki was someone who was in another league but he still managed to get along with him. Maybe he was a punishment sent down from the Gods, someone to bring him back down to earth. Well the past years had already been punishment enough, instead of people being fairly civil, people just started to hate Bakugou. Thankfully, he had at least two somewhat friends.

The bathroom door swings open, Todoroki walks out with a towel on his head and the new nightwear Bakugou bought him: a long plain white top and cotton shorts. "We need more bubble bath", he says while slumping down on the sofa, his chin resting on the back, looking directly at the blond. Bakugou peers over his shoulder for a moment before returning to the analysis work,"whatever". Todoroki's eyes widen for a split second before going blank again,"Bakugou, you're crying".

Bakugou was rather taken back, he was about to jump out his chair and shout but he then realised tears were all over his laptop and down his face. Usually he was observant but somehow he was completely oblivious to himself. He stayed silent, simply wiping them and carrying on typing. Todoroki got up, walking over to the desk, "Bakugou".
Bakugou clenched his jaw tight before snapping around, "SHU-", before anything else came out he shut his mouth. This nearly turned into a repeat of last time, his old complete self. Todoroki frowned, he thought for a second on what he should do, coming to a small final decision, "do you want to talk about it?". Bakugou refused to look at him in the eye, simply staring at the laptop, "no reason to".
"It might make you feel better".
"Doubt it".
"Well don't".

Bakugou sighs, rubbing his eyes again, "I'll tell you once so don't ask about it again". He gets up off his desk chair and sits on the sofa, Todoroki following. "I was arrogant, like really fucking arrogant. I wanted to be the best at everything, I wanted to prove that I was the best. In secondary school I'd talk down to people and eventually slowly people started to hate me for my attitude. Then one day I put one of my friends in hospital just to prove that I was strong at a certain thing, then most of the people I knew hated me. Only one person remained but that's because I had to do a lot of apologising, he still tries to make me friends with them but it's pointless. Not only that, but I thought I caught feelings for my childhood friend yet it was probably because he was nice to me for sometime. So I confessed and got rejected, then met you", Bakugou explained pretty calmly, "I don't usually think about it". Todoroki stayed silent, a glimpse of pity on his usual blank face. He didn't know what to say so he just opened his arms slightly, welcoming a hug like what his mother used to do. Even if he was a god he didn't know the basics on how to comfort people as usually he was the one being comforted. Bakugou clicks his tongue, acting like he wasn't going to accept it but he slumped himself onto Todoroki. He mumbled something into Todoroki's chest before going quiet, relaxing his self. Bakugou was pretty much touch deprived, even though the action was small he appreciated it a lot. He felt Todoroki tense up for for a moment, then he felt a hand ruffle his hair slightly, "thank you for telling me".

===

It was morning and Bakugou was long gone. Todoroki found himself with a blanket draped over him and another home cooked breakfast, miso soup and rice. The duel haired boy gets up, making his way to bathroom to get ready. For what? He didn't know. That was the fun of this freedom, or well staying in the dorm room.

Once he finished he heard a knock at the door. Todoroki hesitated to go answer but what if it was Bakugou, or maybe the hall monitor came to check in on him. Either way he had nothing better to do so he went over and opened the door. A male with bright blond hair and a black lighting strike on it was standing outside the door, not looking too happy. "Did Bakugou move dorms?" The other asked himself more than Todoroki. "No he went out," Todoroki replies, looking down the hallway then back at the figure. "Sir told me to give these to Bakugou", he hands a stack of papers to Todoroki, him almost seeming saddened or rather disgusted when mentioning Bakugou. The blond walks away, not even saying bye.

===

The sounds of trainers against the floor echoed all over the gymnasium. "Shoot!". Cheers from the teammates soon overthrew the squeaking sounds of the trainers. Even though Bakugou scored, no one congratulated him, but that was to be expected. "Okay that's a wrap", the coach shouted, everyone running towards the training rooms. Bakugou wipes his forehead before following the other players inside. He used to get dirty looks but now he's more or less just a ghost, Bakugou collected his belongings, not bothering to get changed.

That was it for his classes for the day, he walked towards the dorm buildings spotting a few other people sitting on the outdoor seating. That used to be him, always out and about and genuinely having fun even if he denied it. All that gone due to his arrogance, he sometimes misses it but it's long gone.

===

Hiya, I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it's a bit short. It's been a busy week but I've finally uploaded. I'll upload at least once a week >:).
Sorry for any spelling errors or grammar errors :(. Please point them out and I'll correct them :).