Chapter 2: The Girl & The Demon's Promise

Começar do início

"I beg of you, please aid us in eliminating demons that are as strong or even stronger than the one that was slain tonight. I lost so many of my comrades and friends...I don't want to go through anything like that...!" Lynn exclaimed as she got on her knees and bowed before you. "Please...Please stay with us, my lord!" She begged as you stared down at her.

"Promise me...watch over my children and their children...At least until the world becomes a safer place..." Those words echoed through your mind as you stared down at the young girl kneeling before you. 

"Lynn..." You spoke as she raised her head up to look at you. "Are you the only one? The only one left of your family?" You asked her as she looked down with a saddened expression. 

"Yes...I'm all that's left of Lady Rin's bloodline. Mom...Dad...even my little brother..." She began to clench her hands closed as dirt dug into her hands and a few tears splashed below her.

Just as she was remembering the feeling of loss she had, a warm touch fell upon her cheek as she slowly looked up and saw you knelt down in front of her.

"Do not worry anymore. I won't abandon you." You said as she teared up even more and began to sob lightly as she held your hand against her cheek.

"No way..." Shinobu said as she couldn't believe the sight that was in front of her, a demon consoling a human.

"Are you okay? Can you move?" Giyu asked Tanjirou as he lifted him to his feet while Tanjirou held Nezuko in his arms.

After cleaning herself up and making herself more presentable in front of you, Lynn stood up and made her way back towards her allies and bowed her head to the Hashira.

"Please forgive me for breaking the rules and also getting in your way. I will receive any punishment with full responsibility, I just ask that you please try to work together with Lord Y/N."  She begged them as Shinobu changed her sights and glared over at you.

"Even though it seems he wants to help you, I cannot allow this exchange to go on. It goes against corps rules and the entire being of the Demon Slayer Corps. Especially since this demon slaughtered the team of slayers that were accompanying me to a village two years ago. The same goes for the girl as well, Tomioka-san. You're also defying the rules of the corps. I cannot overlook this." Shinobu spoke in a calm, but serious tone as she glanced back at her fellow Hashira.

Just then however, the sound of two crows screeching was heard above them as you looked up and the crows descended into speaking distance. 

"Caw! Message! Message!" The crow screeched out to you all below.

"What an annoying sound." You said in a monotone voice as Lynn panicked and waved her arms around trying to keep you from cutting the crows into pieces.

"I have a message from headquarters. Tanjirou and Nezuko are to be taken into custody and brought back to headquarters! Caw!" The crow said as both Tomioka and Shinobu were surprised by the new set of orders they had just revived. "Tanjirou and the demon, Nezuko, are to be taken into custody and brought back to headquarters!" The crow once again repeated.

"Tanjirou, dressed in a checkered haori, with a scar on his forehead! Nezuko, a demon girl with a bamboo muzzle! Bring them back! Bring them ba--BLEGH!" The crow choked as a green whip wrapped around its neck and the crow was yanked down into your hand as you stared at it with no remorse.

"Shut up. You're annoying." You said as the crow was choking and Lynn was panicking and waving her arms around trying to get you to let go. 

As the message was relayed to all the slayers and kakushi who were in the area, the Demon Slayer Corps had destroyed all the demons that were on the mountain side at the time and retrieved the wounded and dead slayers to take in for restoration and healing. As the kakushi took Nezuko and Tanjirou away to be taken to headquarters, Shinobu walked up to Lynn to discuss what would happen to her.