Chapter 2: The Girl & The Demon's Promise

Start from the beginning

Within seconds she was suddenly so close to you and you felt her barely warm lips press against yours as she held the kiss for a few moments before pulling away. You did your best to hold a solemn look, but shock still seeped out through your eyes.

"Don't blame yourself over my death...And promise me you'll watch over my family." She said as you remained quiet but she knew you understood as she smiled.

Just then as time seemed to slow, she began to fall towards you with a peaceful look as her body finally succumbed to her wounds.

"I...Truly..." She thought as you caught her and she happily closed her eyes as she felt warmth come from your touch. "Cherish you..." Were her final thoughts as she passed away in your arms.

As the fire went out and her life came to an end, there was a crash of thunder as the villagers all cried for the loss of Rin.

"Oh, Rin..." One of the elders said with sadness as he collapsed to his knees.

"Rin-san..." A woman cried as another woman consoled her while crying as well.

As you held her in your arms and stared down at her, you stood up and walked out with her as you stood in front of the village elder and handed her over to him.

"Give her a protected burial site that cannot be disturbed by any low-wretched demons. I'm sure a human like yourself is at least capable of doing that for this girl." You said as the elder and another man took her body and kept their gazes down in sadness.

"It shall most certainly be done, Lord Y/N...For Rin was as special to us as she was to you and your fath--?" The elder cut himself off when he saw that you were no longer in front of him, and the villagers turned to see you already walking down the path to the forest. "Lord Y/N...Please...Claim justice for Rin..." The village elder wished as you walked on, disappearing from sight.

Flashback Over

"Lord Y/N..." Lynn, called to you but you seemed entranced and distracted. "Lord Y/N!" She exclaimed as the second call was enough to make you return to your senses and have you gaze down at her.

"What is it?" You asked her as she turned towards the Elite slayers that were stood a few feet away from you.

"Please, may you spare the lives of the slayers? They've done nothing to interrupt you or offend you." She said as you stared at the wounded boy who still laid over his sister in a protective manner.

"That girl, what has become of her?" You asked as he was visibly surprised at you speaking to him. "She has no scent of blood besides her own, and yet has conjured a demonic power that burned the threads of Lower Moon Five. What makes her special enough to defend human beings?" You asked her as Tanjirou held onto Nezuko's hand.

"My family was attacked by a demon 2 years ago...that demon's blood fell into her wounds and she became a demon..." He said as he held onto her.

"A demon who chooses to live with humans despite its natural desire for blood, how strange in a time like this." You said before turning away and walking off.

"W-Wait! Where are you going, my lord?" You heard Lynn ask as you stopped in your tracks.

"What does it look like? I'm leaving." You said as she had a shocked look on her face.

"Please wait! My lord!" She begged as she gave chase and you stopped and turned around.

"I will not waste my time meddling with these useless humans. Let alone vermin such as them. Tell me, why should You spoke about the two Hashira as Lynn seemed timid at first, but bowed her head to you.