Chapter 2

Zenitsu's POV

I woke up to the rain battering on my window, 'Another rainy day I guess' I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and just stared at the person looking right back at me, I just couldn't stop thinking about the other day. I wish I could see Tanjiro again, I think I really like him. The way he held me made me feel loved and wanted, I mean gramps already makes me feel loved, but with Tanjiro it was different. We had talked a bit but then it got late, so we said goodbye and parted ways. I really got the impression he likes me too, why else would he have come up to a total stranger and comforted them. I grabbed my toothbrush and squirted some minty toothpaste on the blue and white bristles. I kept thinking about how he held me in his arms, it's crazy to think that I barely knew someone that treated me like a longtime lover. 'Maybe I'm just being delusional' I thought 'But he was being so nice! He told me I wasn't pathetic, nobody does that, EVER!'

I spit into the sink and swished around some mouthwash, I spit it all out and looked back at the mirror. 'I'll find him again, I know it'

"I'm telling you, if you don't stop ditching class, you'll fail!" Murata yelled at Inoske, "I don't care, those teachers can go screw themselves for all I care!" we were sitting at a park table, the table was made of metal and had a circular shape with a circular bench, there was an umbrella in the center of the table. "I met someone y'know..." I mumbled "Is she hot?" Inoske wiggled his eyebrows and gave me a toothy grin, "Very cute, that kinda' counts" I shrugged, they don't know I roll the 'other' way, so I'll lie and tell them Tanjiro's a girl. "Well I guess that does sorta count" Murata scratched his non-existent beard. "Is she good in bed?" Inoske asked in that weird way he does, my mouth dropped only he could ask such an inappropriate question. "SO, is she or isn't she? Cuz' I want to know" Murata butt in, I had no idea what to say. "I-I don't know! How am I supposed to know!?" I could feel the blood rushing to my face "Ooooh, ooooh, oooooohhh! Zenitsu hasn't had sex yet!" Murata exclaimed as he banged his hands down on the table. A few people turned heads, "Oh my God, everyone is watching us, just shut up!" I whisper-yelled as I covered my face.

"Fine, but the point is you need to get laid" he continued to push the subject as he took a sip of his blueberry slurpee. "I think he's right, you do need to get laid!" Inoske screamed so loudly the whole park heard him. "Ok I'm done here, I grabbed my bag and cherry slurpee, I need to get out of here before they start to talking about condoms and erections. "Goodbye" I waved at them and took a sip of my slurpee, "OK, but don't come crying to us when you break your dick!" Murata screamed at me as I walked away, "Oh dear god" I mumbled. Half the children in this park have been scarred for life.

Insoke's POV

"I don't know why the dipshit walked away, I was trying to figure out if the chick was hot, so that if things don't work out with them. The girl will have a second option, right that makes me a good person" he just looked me straight in the eyes and took a nice long slurp of that damned blueberry slurpee.

Tanjiro's POV

"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE SOME MIRACLE CHILD!? WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU AREN'T SPECIAL!" Sherold was yelling at me because I misplaced the dish soap and she was having a fit. I usually just take it, it's just easier than trying to fight it. "I HATE YOU, YOU'RE SUCH A PROBLEM CHILD!"

'SLAP!'

She slapped me, right across the face, don't know which hurts more, fronthand or backhand. "Don't be expecting any food tonight" she said. Nezuko stood in a corner and watched me stand there, she was always their favourite. She was their perfect dream child, but by law we have to stay together. I walked out the front door, "I'm going for a walk" I mumbled to Nezuko. I still love Nezuko and I know she still loves me, but we've been with Sherold and Berry for two years and in that time they've made it very clear that they like Nezuko WAY more than they like me. She nodded and walked away, after a while Nezuko stopped talking. One day she just woke up and didn't talk, Berry and Sherold just loved it. To have a beautiful girl just sit still and look pretty, like an object. At first it really bothered me but it didn't bother Nezeko, so I let it go.

I walked down the rotting wooden steps of the old Victorian house, the house was small and squished between two brick apartment complexes. I started walking down the block, I was half way done the first lap when I saw the alley. I haven't been able to get my mind off the boy I met the other day, he was just so perfect. Well I thought he was so perfect, the way he looked, and acted, it may seem shallow, but in my eyes he was the most perfect person I've ever met. Even if we met in the rain and he was crying, I thought it was perfect. I found myself walking across the road towards the alley, I got that same feeling in my gut, the feeling that that caused us to meet.

I strolled past a few people and walked around the corner, I saw the alley and started walking faster. I turned into the alley, and there he was, sitting on the floor, back against the wall, reading quietly, looking perfect.