Danny had never kissed anyone before, and was thankful at least Harry knew how to do this right. In that moment, Danny felt electric. He'd never felt anything like that before - fireworks, heat, electricity, and buzzing energy all at the same time. All those years of pining were finally being satisfied.

"Wow," Harry muttered softly as they pulled back and put their foreheads together.

"Yeah, wow." Danny took Harry's hand from his neck and held onto it for a minute, taking in what had happened.

Danny pulled apart and cleared his throat. "Look, I know this is sudden but, will you move in with me? Until the end of summer? It's gonna be so lonely with no one in this boring apartment up until college-"

Harry nodded and put a finger on his lips to silence him. "Yes. Yes, in a heartbeat. Whatever you want."

"Thank you, Harry, seriously. Regina told me that you asked your parents if I could come live with you and that's the reason you got grounded. Like, I ask you to drive me eight hours to see my sister and you drop everything to do it. You drive me out to San Francisco, come early to school to see me after I get off the bus, buy me donuts for no reason... you sacrifice so much for me. But how the hell is this ever gonna slide with your parents?"

"It's not going to, I already know that much. But fuck it. It's not about them or their reputation. It's about us. I'd do anything for you and you know that," Harry said, rubbing his thumb across Danny's knuckles.

"Yeah, I know." Danny smiled and nodded as he squeezed Harry's hand tight.

"You know... I was so scared that after this summer we'd be far away from each other and be someone you think about now and then. I couldn't stand the thought of my life without you in it," Danny admitted.

"I was scared as hell too. That's what I was trying to tell you that day in the car. That I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. But I'd never let you slip away so easily, Danny. Ever. A little distance couldn't stop what we have," Harry said earnestly.

"And I'm sorry for how I reacted when you told me about your feelings. I guess I was shocked and didn't know what this meant for me or us. But deep down, a part of me had felt it too," Harry apologized softly.

Danny nodded, accepting the apology. "Don't mention it. The important part is that we're good now. We are, right? What does this make us? I don't want to rush you into anything, or rush us-"

"Hey. I wouldn't call this rushing. You've been pining over me since middle school apparently and now senior year's almost over," Harry smiled and shook his head in disbelief. "But I do have some figuring out to do, so I just need some time. Wait for me?"

Danny nodded. "Yeah. Of course. I think I've got some things to set straight, too."

"Or rather, maybe not straight?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up," Danny laughed, flicking his shoulder.

Danny turned toward the kitchen. "Hey, are you hungry? I can make us some dumplings." 

"Mhm, sure," Harry agreed.

Danny set things up on the stove and took out the package of dumplings - one of the few things left in the freezer by his parents - and brought them finished to the couch minutes later.

"Gee, Danny, I hope you know how to cook some things if we're gonna be living together," Harry commented with a chuckle.

Danny's heart fluttered a bit at the fact they'd actually be roommates. "Hey - I do know a few recipes from my mom, but hopefully you're okay with a steady stream of dumplings until I can polish up my skills. I'm not the best cook."

"Not with that attitude, " Harry smirked as he stated his signature line.

"Guess you're right," Danny laughed, grabbing a dumpling. "So when do you think you'll move in?"

"Probably tomorrow. Actually, I should probably get back and start packing now," Harry said hastily with a mouthful of dumpling, jumping clumsily off the couch and making strides towards the door.

"Don't miss me too much, Cheng," Harry said as he grabbed the doorknob and leaned against the door frame.

"I won't," Danny smiled as he walked over to see him out.

"Okay. Goodbye," Harry smiled and turned to exit into the hallway. Danny started to close the door behind him, then stopped.

"Hey Harry?"

"Yeah?"

Danny stepped into the hallway and leaned forward to kiss him again. Harry snaked an arm around his waist and cupped his face, just like on that night in junior year at Harry's house.

"What was that for?" Harry smirked.

"You had a little dumping on your lips," Danny laughed.

"Wooow," Harry rolled his eyes at how cheesy this was but couldn't help but play along. 

"Think I might need another just to be sure it's gone," Harry joked, pointing to his lips as they shared another kiss.

"Text me when you get home. Drive safe." Danny told him, patting his chest.

"I will," Harry smiled as he stepped away and walked towards the apartment building's stairwell.

Danny closed his apartment door, letting out an airy, love-struck laugh. He and Harry - his best friend and crush - were some type of an "item"now, going to live together until the end of the summer, and leave to the other side of the country together for the next chapter of their lives, and Danny was over the moon.

***

As expected, Danny received a text from Harry almost exactly 40 minutes later.

H: hey, I'm home. already packing lol

D: good to hear. can't wait for u to move in

H: me neither :)

D: you plan on asking your parents about leaving?

H: already know it'd be a no, so i think it'll be more like an fyi. i think i'll leave a note

D: whoa ok, where'd this good-boy-gone-bad harry come from?

H: what can i say? u changed me cheng

D: u love it tho

H: damn right i do

Danny shut off his phone and bit his lip, unable to break out of his smile. Never in a million years would he picture a future like this for himself, but he wouldn't change anything about it.

***

A/N: thank you for reading! i really enjoyed this book but really was seeking some closure on how things worked out when harry came over at the end. i hope this gave that to you, or inspired you to check out the book if you haven't read it! -adrian