Moments

"Charlotte Spellman. We gather to break the unbreakable curse. Do you swear that you are ready to expel this sickness from your body."
"I swear."
"Begin."
The candles lit. The chanting begun. That was when the pain came back. This time she didn't scream. She couldn't. The sound got stuck in her throat. She arched her back as the people around her continued. Her body twisted in a unnatural manor in a way no one had ever seen before. Finally the sound ripped through her throat and the ears of every soul in the room.
"STOP PLEASE!" The girl begged as she twisted on to her side finally catching nicks eye. He found it impossible to look away as he chanted repeating the same words while forced to watch her pain. "NICK PLEASE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! YOU'RE HURTING ME!" She sobbed out as blood started pouring from her nose the girl was thrown onto her back almost by an unseen force nick could've sworn she broke a bone as she hit the ground. Her eyes began to roll back in her head as the black liquid poured from her mouth beginning to pool on the floor around her. Her body shook as the chants grew louder she started to choke on the liquid and shot up coughing loudly as more and more of the vile substance poured from her mouth. It was strange this seemed to be the first time the liquid didn't have a life of its own. It got to the point when everyone was shouting the chant that she was almost dragged to her feet by the same force she came face to face with Sabrina and a tear of blood rolled down her cheek. "I can't..." the candles blew out and the room was left in darkness. Everyone scrambled to get them lit again she stood in the centre of the circle head tipped back. She opened her mouth and the very substance that attacked nick appeared from her throat.
"AMBROSE NOW!" Sabrina shouted as he threw Edwards Acheron configuration into the circle and the mass was sucked straight in. The configuration snapped shut and the room went silent.
"Charlotte..." her head was down looking at the ground. Slowly she bought her head up to look at Zelda who had called her name. Nick raced forward almost knowing what was about to happen as she fell into his arms not moving. Zelda rushes over along with everyone else and she placed a finger to her neck.
"Is... is she okay?" Zelda looked relived and nodded.
"She's fine. Just exhausted. Poor thing. We'll take her home. Nothing a little family love can't fix." He gave a happy nod and looked at her.
"Hear that lottie. I knew you'd be okay."

And okay she really was. Charlotte woke up to sunlight peaking through the curtains. She gave a little groan and attempted to move. She realised someone was holding her. She then heard the heavy heart beat from under her. Her eyes opened a little more noticing she was in a room she didn't recognise. She looked up to see an sleeping nick holding her to his chest. She smiled and tapped him a little.
"Nicky..." he groaned pulling her closer. "Nicky wake up." He stopped groaning and looked down at her with one eye slightly open.
"Hey lottie. Finally awake?" She smiled sitting up.
"Yeah... what erm... are you doing in my bed?" He chuckled propping himself up on his elbows.
"Well I've been staying here to keep an eye on you and make sure you're safe and you know... alive... everyone was worried there was a chance that you wouldn't survive breaking the curse... but you're strong I knew you would be."  She gave a nod getting up.
"And erm... where exactly is here?" He watched her look around the room as she examined the fact her belongings were here and the tiny protection bottles dotted around the room.
"The spellman house. Now you're cured Blackwood is allowing you to live at home. When you're not studying that is. The aunts are really happy you're home." She smiled a little noticing some of her belonging from when she was a child were in the corner.
"This is my old room... isn't it?" He gave a nod and stood up.
"Lottie?" He said snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked over her shoulder at him and in that moment she took his breath away. Her piercing green eyes felt like the were casting a spell on him. The spell made him loose his words and his heart beat fast.
"Yeah nicky?" He took a deep breath and shuffled on his feet with a chuckle.
"I was thinking. You know the curse was the reason we never took our relationship further." She gave a nod turning to face him properly knowing what he was about to say. "Well the curse is gone now and I know it's hard for us to do the whole love thing but. I want to try... and lottie I want to try with you." She looked at him wide eyed for a moment and then at her feet.
"Nicky... I want to say yes I really do. But this is going to be a huge adjustment. The unbreakable curse was just lifted. I need to adjust being with my family again, my studies, and I'm sorry nicky but until I fix all of that I don't think it would be fair on either of us to try. Maybe one day but right now can we just stay how we are" his heart sank. Poor nick wanted to ground to swollen him up there and then. But this was his best friend. He knew what she was saying was true. So he gave a smile and scoffed.
"Oh Satan. Lottie that's what I meant I know how hard things are going to be. I just wanted you to know my feelings won't change and one day I want to act on them." She gave a small smile and tucked her hair behind her ear.
"Okay nick." She walked over kissing his cheek and grabbed her robe. "I'm going to take a shower then maybe we can get some food." He gave a nod and stood in pure embarrassment alone in her room.