Does Anybody Hear Her by Casting Crowns

Hey Guys thought i might put up my second chapter for this story.

Emily’s POV

(1 Week Later)

“EMILY GET DOWN HERE AT ONCE!” I wince at her tone of voice.

Looks like mum has been drinking again, you think I would be used to her tone of voice by now, I mean it’s been what, around 10 years, since that terrifying day. It was a week from that day, the 21st of February 2005, that she first laid her hand on me, I was only reading a book in my room while she was cleaning up her and dads room while I stayed in my own room and read, what I now know as my favourite book. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.

I quickly run down the stairs of my house, to see my mum in the kitchen on one of our three stools, with a baseball bat. I start shaking in fear.

She turns around to look at me. “Emily you know it’s almost been around 10 years since your dad died, and I thought that you might want a reminder whose fault it is that he’s not coming home.” I’ve learnt not to talk back; after all it only makes it worse.

I’m suddenly hit the floor and cry out in pain. “SHUT UP!” I hear.

All I can feel is the pain in my back, my left arm, my right wrist, my right calf muscle and my left ankle. Looks like I will need crutches to start the year again. At least she misses my face even if I know it’s just so no one thinks anything’s wrong with me I mean she got a job at the police station after all, she wouldn’t want her secret to get out. That would mean she’s in a lot of trouble.

All of a sudden I hear the front door open and a car starting, that’s when I know she’s gone. I try to crawl over to the home phone we have on a coffee table, in our living room. I manage to get there and I call a number I know now off by heart. 911, in other words hospital, police, and firefighters, but I only need one thing, the hospital.

“Hello, this is 911, what’s your emergency?” I hear what I think is a man asked.

“I need some help, I just got into a fight and my whole body hurts and I can barely move.” I said tearfully.

“What’s your name sweetheart?” the man asks.

“Emily, Emily Fields.” I say drifting in and out of consciousness.

“Ok Emily what’s your address?” he asks.

“13 Rocky Drive” I say, trying to concentrate.

“Ok Emily, can you stay on the line with us, until the ambulance gets there?” That’s the last I hear before I black out.

What do you think will happen next?

Until next time

Bec xoxo