Do The Pieces Fit?

*****NOT EDITED*****

I clutched the sneaker in one hand, and the broken piece of won in the other and walked through the gate.

I kept my eyes closed and held my breath not knowing what I was hoping for, but hoping for an answer to what has been driving me crazy for all these years.

I opened my eyes, coming into view to this magnificent place.

There was a bridge in which weird creatures were passing over. I kept my distance but noticed them each holding a piece of wood painted red just like mine.

I looked back and forth between mine and the others, astonished how they were identical.

This place was all too familiar, but I just couldn't remember.

I stood up, and made my way to the bridge.

An arm pulled me back, and into the bushes, clamping a hand over my mouth.

"Shh, I won't hurt you. I'm trying to save you. When you walk over that bridge, hold your breath. If you do they won't know you're human." the young man told me.

He had short dark green tinted hair that went up to his chin, and forest green eyes.

"What do you mean not human? Who are you people? Is this some kind of prank?" I asked thinking they set this up for when I came back to visit.

"Trust me, it's not. Now the most important thing, is to remember your name."

"Because that's something I would forget." I said sarcastically.

"What's your name?" The young man asked.

"Chihiro. Whats yours?"

"Mine is- wait, Chihiro? Oh my goodness it's actually you?" The man said throwing his arms around me.

"Yeah it's me. Why are you acting as if I know you? We just met." I said confused to the sudden outburst.

"What do you mean? You don't rememb- you looked back didn't you? DIDNT YOU?!" He said pacing back and forth pulling on his hair in frustration.

"I'm so sorry if I've upset you in any way, but I don't know what you are talking about."

"Come on everyone must know about your return." He said grabbing my arm not waiting for me to answer.

"Return? Since when did I come here?" I questioned to myself.

Something was off. Off about this place, off about this man. But how could something that feels so wrong, feel so right?