1:06 AM (I am Me)

I am this writing. I am the lyrics of my favourite songs. I am childhood photographs; the photographer and the subject. I am the unfinished stories I write – the artwork I throw and the artwork I show. I am the clothes that I wear – and my naked skin. I am the smile you see and the tears that you don't. I am inside and I am outside. I am the Netflix shows that I watch, and the one's I don't. I am the softness of my blanket and my teddy bear, but also the sharpness of the razor I use to shave my legs. I am the way I move my pencil or paintbrush. I am the paper this is printed on, and the ink. I am all the coffee that I drink, the alcohol and hot chocolate. I am all my old friends that I don't talk to anymore. I am all the people who ever said mean things to me. I am my mother's daughter and my brother's sister. I am the car that I drive or the bus that I ride. I am the people I ride. I am my ex-boyfriend, my ex-best friend; my rapists. I am my laughter at the silly faces my boyfriend pulls; I am my smile when he buys me flowers. I am the hugs I give to my crying friends. I am my past mistakes. I am my future possibilities. I am the colour of my eyes. I am the stature that I walk and the shadow that I cast. I am the person that I am.

I am me.