Chapter Four: Common room

After I unpacked all of my things and put on a purple v-neck and a black cardigan and jeans. Then I grabbed my medical spell book and went down to the common room. I wasn't sure what I would be learning with Madam Pomfrey so I decided to get a head start and I started reading on the couch while I was waiting for Spencer. A couple of other students were in the common room with me but it was mostly empty.

I read for about an hour and a half until I closed the book and my eyes and started rubbing my temples. This was way too much to take in at once and I was starting to get a headache.

"Working hard I see." I opened my eyes and saw Oliver Wood standing in front of me.

"Yeah, trying to get a head start" I said moving my book so he could sit down.

"Same, well with quidditch that is. I've been practicing since dinner ended" be said and chuckled

"Oh, like you even need practice! You're one of the best quidditch players Hogwarts has ever seen" I said pulling my feet under me and looking at him

"I could say the same for you" he said grinning "but we have a game this weekend and it makes me feel better if I'm prepared. You should come, if you can." He said smiling

"Okay, yeah I'll try to make it, Madam Pomfrey probably won't need me until after the game so I should be free."

"Brilliant" he said standing up "Oh! Before I forget an owl came today and left this note, its for you" he said pulling a note from his pocket.

My mothers bird has always done that, just drops the notes wherever. Its actually funny really, you never know where you're going to find it.

"Oh, thanks Oliver. That was really nice of you."

"No problem, goodnight Sienna" he said walking up the stairs to the boys dormitories.

"'Night" I said unfolding the note from my mom.

Sienna,
Darling, how was the trip to Hogwarts? I'm sure you made it there just fine but you know how I worry. I was just wondering

"What was that all about?" Spencer asked walking over to me

"This? It's just a letter from my mom she-"

"Not the letter Sienna, you and Oliver" he said flopping down next to me

"Nothing, he just mentioned his game and asked if I was going" I replied looking at him strangely "but you have lipstick on your neck." I teased. He got flushed and tried wiping his neck with his sleeve

"Did I get it off"

"Yup" I said looking at his neck. The lipstick was gone but now his neck was all red from scratching at it so much.

"Good, but I think Oliver likes you"

"No he doesnt, he was being nice. He found my letter"

"If you say so" he said looking at the fire.

"If you say so" I said mocking him and sticking out my tounge.

I looked back down at my letter and continued reading

I was just wondering when your first trip to Hogsmead was. Matt and I were wondering if we could meet up and spend some time together.

With love,
Mom.

"What did your mom want?" Spencer asked when I finished reading

"She wanted to know how my trip here was" I said handing him the letter.

"What do you mean? She didn't bring you to the train?" He asked reading the letter. "And who is Matt?"

"My moms boyfriend, well I don't know if that's what to call it, but they have been hanging out for a while lately. He's a real gentlemen"

"Your mom found someone? Oh that's great! Can I meet him?" Spencer asked excitedly.

Spencer has been there for me through everything, even before Hogwarts. He spent the summer with me and my mom the year my dad left. My mom was so depressed that we had to take care care of her and with my brother gone, Spencer was the closest friend I had. My mom even considers Spencer my brother.

"Of course! Spence I can't wait until you see her! She's wearing dresses now, and she cooks again, she is so happy!" I said with a huge smile on my face, Spencer was smiling too, he knew that this guy must be special to get her back to her normal self. "How was Danielle?"

"Perfect, I just really wish we were in the same house together. Maybe then we could be more open about our relationship." He said with a sigh

"I hate that. I don't see anything wrong with her, or you two being together. My parents were from different houses."

"Thats just how you are Sienna, you're a good person, you see the best in people and you don't judge them. I wish everyone else looked at it the way you do." He said holding his head in his hands. "I don't even know how this is going to work out."

I put my hand on his shoulder and hugged him.

"So they really were in different houses?" He asked me

"Yeah, my mom was a Ravenclaw and my dad was a Huffepuff. I'm actually the only one in my family that was a Gryffindor." I replied, it was really shocking for everyone when the hat sorted me into Gryffindor.

"That's probably a little more accepted then Gryffindor and Slytherin" he replied.

"Probably, but it shouldn't" I said. I feel bad for Spencer, I've never seen him this upset over a girl before. We both just sat in silence for a little bit until he stood up and stretched.

"I'm going to bed, see you at breakfast?"

"Sure thing, Spence" I said getting up off the couch and picking up my book. I walked over to the window and looked outside at the stars. I was just staring and thinking, trying to take in everything that happened today. I should be tired but I'm nervous, I feel weird about this year. I brushed it off and went upstairs to go to bed.