Chapter Twenty Four: The Fat Lady

Everyone had gone to Hogsmeade for their first trip but I stayed behind to work with Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing.

I finished making the last bed and I went back to see if Madam needed any help before I left to go back to the Gryffindor common room. She told me that she didn't.

Walking up the staircases I pulled my sweater tighter around myself, there was a bunch of students in front of the portrait. I spotted two red heads and I pushed my way toward them.

"Guys, what's going on? I can't see." I asked looking up at them.

"Dunno" Fred started

"Nobody can get in"

"The Fat Lady is gone." Fred finished.

"Let me through please. Excuse me I'm head boy! Percy was making his way toward us yelling his head off. Get back all of you. No one is to enter this dormitory until its been fully searched!"

I was standing on my tip toes but it was no use I couldn't see.

"Move!" I turned around to see Mr. Filch, and Dumbledore flying up the stairs, I pushed myself back against the railing.

Dumbledore walked over to the painting and ran his fingers over the deep grooves in the painting.

"Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Let us search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." Dumbledore said finally turning to look at the crowd that had gathered.

"There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady is there." Filch said pointing his finger to a painting to the left of us. All heads turned looking in the direction he was pointing and everyone began moving quickly to where he was pointing. I was sandwiched between Fred and George, Fred was in the front and George was pushing me along, making sure the crowd didn't trample me.

"Dear Lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked as the Fat Lady emerged from behind a rhino.

"Eyes like the Devil!" She said between sobs, "he's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

"Sirius black?" Someone said

"In the castle?" Another person joined in, until everyone was whispering about what the Fat Lady had just said. Dumbledore hushed the crowd and sent us all off to the Great Hall.

I shuffled in the Great Hall behind Hermione, there's were hundreds of sleeping bags on the floor and the ceiling was bewitched to look like the night sky.

"Are we going to be staying in here?" Hermione leaned over and asked me.

"I think so, maybe what they said about Sirius is right?" I said.

"Maybe, but what would he want at Hogwarts?"

"I'm a little scared to find out." I said sitting down on a sleeping bag.