chapter 13

As soon as I entered my house, I saw everyone was present in the living room. There was a smell of tension in the air.

"Please be calm. " Ammi was saying to Abbu.

He was angrily walking to and fro in the room. Ashiya and Ruba also had a tensed look on their faces.

"What happened Abbu? " I spoke from behind.

Everyone turned around giving me strange looks.

"Where were you? " Abbu asked.

"College? " I said hesitantly. I was confused as to why was he asking such questions today.

"You've started lying? " He said angrily.

I lowered my gaze and kept quiet.

"Who was that guy in the park? " He fired another question.

I looked up at him in surprise. I realized he had seen me with Ufair.

"Did I ask something?" He repeated in anger.

"Ufa.. Ufair. "

"I'm not letting this happen in my house..okay? You're not gonna meet that guy or any guy ever again.. You understand?"

I nodded my head.

"You're not going to college from tomorrow. "

He angrily left the living room.
Ammi went behind him trying to calm him down.

I was shocked at whatever happened just now.

I went straight to my room and started crying. Ruba and Ashiya came behind me but I asked them to leave me alone for sometime.

It was 10 o'clock at night. I was really upset. I hadn't even gone downstairs for dinner.

"Hanya." Ammi came in the room with a plate in her hand.

"Eat something dear. "

"I'm not hungry. " I said.

She came and sat beside me.

"Look Hanya ... Your Abbu was angry ...because he loves you. He cares for you. "

I pondered over and realised she was right.

" I know. " I said in a low voice.

"As far as your college is concerned I'll talk to him about it. " She assured.

"Thanks Ammi. " I hugged her.

"Now eat. " She said.

"From your hands. "
______________________________________

The next morning I was sitting at the dining table having my breakfast. Instead of eating I was just lost in thoughts.

"Aren't you getting late? " I heard Abbu's voice.

I looked at him surprised. He was sitting on the sofa wearing his socks and putting on his shoes. He was about to leave for work.

"Late ? " I said confused.

"Yes...for college. " He said.

"What? Abbu are you serious. " I hurriedly went up to him.

"Yes." He nodded.

"But.. " I was saying.

"I know you did a mistake. But we cannot punish you for life.. Right? "

" You're not angry with me? "

"Not anymore... I trust my daughter." He said.

"Thankyou Abbu.." I lovingly hugged him. He put a blessing hand on my head.

"Now hurry. " He reminded.

I quickly went upstairs , got ready, and came downstairs with my bag and then left for my  college.

The day at the college went quite well. After my classes were over I was with my  friends having a conversation when I heard my phone ringing. I took out the phone from my bag.. Ufair's name flashed on the screen. It was Ufair's call. I kept staring at the screen.

"Sorry Ufair. " Without receiving the call, I sadly kept the phone back in my bag.

After sometime I left for my home.

______________________________________

       Vote❤Comment❤Share