nine

The following morning, Mark and Ava decided they'd go out for breakfast. They woke up late, not too late, but later than usual. Ava was wrapped in Mark's arms and the sunlight and roar of the city around them, woke them up. Mark decided to go to his apartment, grab some clothes, get ready and then he'd be back to pick up Ava. He got out of her bed, stretched, then told her he'd be back.

"Wait, I'll be getting ready, so take my house key." Ava grabbed her keys off her side table, threw them at Mark and watched as he left her apartment.

Mark rubbed his eyes groggily and walked into his apartment complex before bidding a good morning to the man at the front desk. He went to his and Lucas' unit and nearly opened the front door before realizing that Lucas and his hook up could still be... doing whatever they had been doing. Mark bit his lips and tried to decide whether or not he'd try to enter the house or if he'd just return back to Ava. He stood and contemplated but knew the only thing to do would be to go inside. He quietly unlocked the door and tiptoed inside. Once he closed the door, he turned around and saw the mess that was their apartment.

Articles of clothing were everywhere, pillows and cushions laid on the floor. Bottles of liquor were scattered about. Mark stood in disbelief of what his roommate had done. It was the messiest he had ever seen it, even with two college boys occupying it. Mark watched his steps and made sure not to step on anything. Simultaneously, he made sure he stayed quiet enough to find his way upstairs where he could grab some clothes and go.

He made his way up the tiny stairs in their apartment and got to his loft. Upon getting to the top, he saw his roommate and his one night stand wrapped in his sheets, naked. He pouted his face sourly and quietly tried to make his way to where his clothes were. As he jumbled through the mess of his wardrobe he felt someone GRAB HIS ASS.

He froze in pure horror and quietly turned around to see Lucas smirking at him. Mark shook his head and Lucas gave a chuckle, "Your bed is really comfy, I think I might steal it."

Mark shook his head, grabbed his clothes and began to walk towards the bathroom so he could take a quick shower. He got undressed and quickly put a shower cap on. Mark didn't feel like getting his hair wet, it looked nice and kinda messy. He liked it.

Mark hopped in the shower and begun humming the melody of Yo Love by Vince Staples, 6LACK and Mereba. He washed his face and body and began to sing the words to the song. The peaceful milieu was broken up by the doorknob rattling, the Lucas stumbling into the bathroom.

"She's up! Get out!" Lucas yelled at Mark through the shower curtain.

Mark peeked his head out and looked at his roommate in disbelief. Lucas handed him his towel and moved his hands in a motion that signifies that Mark needed to hurry up. Mark continued to state at his roommate in shock and annoyance but covered his body, grabbed his clothes and Ava's keys before walking getting shoved by Lucas into their apartment complex's hallways.

"I owe you big time!" Lucas smiled before shutting the door in his face.

Mark looked down at his body and sighed as he saw his lower half in nothing but a towel, slippers and his clothes in his arms. And to make matters worse, a fucking shower cap. Mark grunted and began walking down the stairs. He made his way through the small lobby where the man at the front desk chuckled. Mark was petrified and nearly ran across the street to Ava's.

He walked to her apartment and unlocked on the door. He called out to her and asked where she was. Ava responded that she was in her bedroom getting dressed. She came out while putting earrings in and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Mark.

"What hap-"

"I'm going to murder Lucas. I'm going to fucking decapitate him and I'm going to plead guilty and spend the rest of my fucking life in jail. I will even become some buff ass man's bitch. As long as he ends up fucking dead." Mark grunted before heading into Ava's bathroom and finishing his shower.

Once he came out, completely dressed and finished, Ava laughed but gave him a hug. Mark hugged her back but sighed. She looked up at him, continued to laugh but then tried to make him feel better.

"Please don't decapitate him. 'Cause then I can't see you and you can't watch me undress." Ava joked as Mark rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna knock the shit out of him."

"Only if I'm there." Ava smiled, "I wanna see it."

————

I AM SO BEYOND SORRY IT HAS TAKEN ME THIS LONG TO UPDATE THIS BOOK!!! I've had literally no inspiration and it took watching 2 hours worth of Mark Lee as your boyfriend vids to finally work up enough inspo to write this shitty chapter.

I promise you'll get better chapters soon. I promise!!

-Mames