ミ★ Chapter 8

"What are you doing here, Twilightbreeze?" Fernheart asked when Twilightbreeze was sniffing on her, "Stop showing off your amazing sniffing skill

"What are you doing here, Twilightbreeze?" Fernheart asked when Twilightbreeze was sniffing on her, "Stop showing off your amazing sniffing skill. I know you are the best at this! Mudblossom said so too!"

Twilightbreeze knew that Fernheart was only teasing, but she could not stop being disappointed. She squeezed out a smile and mewed, "I just wondered if you sneaked into the medicine cat den and stole some sticky Black herb."

"What? Why did you assume that I did? I never set a foot into your precious medicine cat den!" Fernheart shoved Twilightbreeze away and she backed away too, leaving fox-length away from each other. But at least they were laughing.

"No need for dramas! I was just teasing how close you are with Mudblossom. It feels like you two are sticking together..." The words turned sour in her mouth as Twilightbreeze replied. Everything in the world paused. Fernheart and Twilightbreeze stared blankly at each other, awkwardness filled in the space between them. Twilightbreeze paced toward Fernheart as she tried not to show her disappointment. 

"Sorry," Fernheart mewed, "I should have spent more time with you, but you were always busy with the medicine cat stuff. So I spent my time with Mudblossom." 

Mudblossom. This name made Twilightbreeze's stomach turned sour, her mouth dried. Mudblossom insisted on following Twilghtbreeze everywhere she went at first, which she found very annoying. Then, Mudblossom started to know Fernheart and they got along very well. She always felt like the herbs, being completely ignored as she was in the middle of the two leaves. 

Mudblossom's arrival ruined her life once again. Is this revenge? Twilightbreeze did not have an answer. Her best friend was being robbed, or stolen, which was unbearable. Whenever she saw Fernheart and Mudblossom whispering and gossiping as she missed all the fun, she felt disappointed. 

"What are you talking about?" Twilightbreeze asked as Mudblossom and Fernheart laughing out loud that Fernheart nearly fell down.

Mudblossom's and Fernheart's laugh disappeared. They glanced at each other as Fernheart claimed, "None of your business."

Mudblossom worsened everything by adding it was classified information. Then she winked at Fernheart as they laughed again.

Twilightbreeze could only ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

But the scenes always replayed in her mind. Fernheart and Mudblossom having all the fun without her.

She felt frustrated. And replaced.

Is this the best revenge?

Taking away a friend who was always there?

Suddenly, she saw Mudblossom at Starpool, back facing her. Dark brown color. Long fur. Tail twisting. She found this familiar, but where? The vision showed before flashed back in her mind. A ginger pelted tom, eying a dark brown furred cat... The dark brown furred she-cat's twisted nervously... Mudblossom? An undercover? In StarClan? 

The cloud over this matter dispersed and all it left was acting quickly. Twilightbreeze rushed from the clearing and went straight for the deputy den...

"Are you certain?" Deafears mewed as the leaders and deputies were in a serious debate on whether Mudblossom was an undercover or not

Twilightbreeze shrugged as she whispered, "All the clues pointed to her." She did not know what to feel, hopeful or anxious. Deafears called out an emergency meeting when he heard about this to discuss the possibility of Mudblossom being the traitor. 

Twilightbreeze twisted her tail as she scanned through the crowd of leaders and deputies. Leafstar scowled and looked suspicious. Goosestar was busy scolding at the fact of having traitors in the clan. Twistedstar remained quiet in the crowd, listening to the debate calmly. Oakstar interrupted the debate many times, adding her own opinions.

Looking at the deputies, the last scent of hope faded. Hawkwing doubted the possibility and claimed that it was impossible for Mudblossom to do that. Foxspots nodded as he pointed out many reasons that it was impossible confidently. Honeyfoot suggested a lot of reasons using her soft voice which was too sweet and soft for this serious debate. Applespark went against that Mudblossom was undercover and shouted that his later generations would never do that. 

Whitestripe...Twilightbreeze found out that Whitestripe shot a cold gaze to her. Clearly, he sided against her. 

Deafears felt her mood swing as he brushed his tail on her back. After a long wait, Leafstar announced, "Thanks for informing us, Twilightbreeze, but we do not think that Mudblossom would be threats to StarClan. Therefore, we doubted that Mudblossom would do any harm to StarClan."