Chapter 7 - Promises

the mindless chatter/of my brother greg/is too much/as all i care about/is getting out of this place once more.
id stunk at poetry for three months now. i couldnt write anything for my life.
i looked at the sky. through the thick trees, you could only see a few stars.
"we need to camp out." beatrice said. "there's no hotels or anywhere to stay and greg is getting tired." she continued. greg was walking slowly and groggily.
"sure." we began to lay down on the ground when we heard music behind us. we turned to find a hotel. "that's weird."
"yeah. no matter. let's go." beatrice stood up. she picked up greg and began walking to the hotel. "wirt, come on."
i scrambled up and we walked into the hotel. a skunk in a dress sat at the front desk.
"two rooms please." beatrice requested.
"no rooms. tonight's the party. now that you're here, time to celebrate." the skunk laughed. she snapped her fingers(?) and three men came rushing out - a fox, small bear, and skunk. they measured us and shoved us into fancy clothing. they then styled our hair, did our makeup, and shoved us into a room full of different species in fancy clothing. they were dancing to a band.
"what on earth...?" beatrice asked. greg was asleep in her arms. i could feel the bags under my eyes. beatrice was hunched over with exhaustion.
---------------------------------------------
sorry about the short and bad chapter and the long wait. comment requests.