Chapter 6 - Man With the Blue Eye

We were looking at the orangish forest. I was back. Back to my home. Back to my life I'd always known. I sighed.
"Glad to be back?" Wirt asked.
"Yeah," I lied.
"Which way?" he asked.
I shrugged. "Forward." I replied and we began walking.
Soon enough, we reached a small house. We chose to pass it, but Greg ran inside. We ran over.
The house was empty, with only two rooms. A table sat in the main one and in the small room was a tiny bed.
"Greg, let's go." Wirt said.
"Never!" Greg laughed.
"Greg, come on." I begged. "This is somebody's house. We have to go."
"No. Stay a while." said a voice behind us. We all turned to a man in a grey suit and hat. He had brown hair and one solid blue eye.
"Oh my," I whispered. "What an eye."
Greg laughed. "That rhymed."
"Shut up, Greg." Wirt whispered.
"Greg, huh? You hungry?" The man walked to the table which now had a cake on it.
"Was that there a second ago?" Wirt asked sheepishly.
"Shh." I silenced him.
"Would you like a piece?" The man asked.
"W-who are you?" Wirt asked, Greg stuffing his round face with vanilla cake.
"I am Jonathan Rye. I am your uncle's fish's cousin." he answered.
"Fish?" Wirt asked. "Wait, so we just wound up in your house by mistake and you just happen to be related to us? Also, how are you related to us?"
"I'm your dad's brother's fish's cousin." he answered.
"Daddy?" Greg asked.
"No. Wirt's father." he replied.
Wirt froze.
"Anyway..." The man continued, quickly changing the subject. "If you'd like I can give you som food... We don't want you dying just yet. Then we'll be on our way!"
"We?" I asked.
"I'm coming with you!" he jumped.
"No you're not." Wirt agreed.
"I am your Protector." he argued.
"Protector?" Wirt and I asked at the same time.
"I have been watching you since the day your were born. You were always meant to come to the Unknown." he answered.
"Uh, Wirt, can I talk to you outside?" I asked.
"The boy stays here so I am sure you won't run off." he answered. Wirt and I walked outside and shut the door.
"Wirt, you can't trust him." I stated.
"Why?" he asked.
"Protectors... there's no... Protectors are evil. They recommend you to certain evils... I don't know how to explain it. He's not good. We have to kill him." I explained and Wirt's eyes widened. I took a knife out of my bag and held it behind my back.
We walked back inside. Wirt grabbed Greg.
"Are you really a Protector?" Wirt asked.
"Yes. Your Protector." he clarified.
I pulled out the knife and stabbed him in the stomach. Chunky green gunk fell out.
"I will be back." he said in a raspy voice.
"I wouldn't count on it. I know this first better than anyone." I spat and we left.