The Sleepover

Ring. Ring. Ring. It is now 7:00 in the morning as my cellphone continues to go off as if a bomb just exploded 5 feet away from me. I'm in my lime green bed set as I think to myself: I'm way too lazy to take my arm out from underneath the bed, reach over, move my fingers, grab my phone, answer the call, lift up the phone to my ears and then talk. Yeah, no. Too lazy. The struggle is real. The phone instantly stopped ringing as I finished up my thought. I dozed off again into my heavenly sleep about my love Matt Espinosa. Matt Espinosa is life, Matt Espinosa is bæ. No joke. Then 3 minutes later another alarming sound woke me up. To my surprise it was my phone. Again. It was my best friend Alexis, but I call her Alex. I picked up the call despite my laziness.
"What do you want?!? It's 7 in the morning! lol still sleeping! This better be important, Alex!" I grunted angrily.
"I know it's 7 am but I wanted to know.... If.....," she hesitated a moment.
"If I could have a sleepover? I mean Carly, you've been so busy with the Let's Just Chill tour ( the tour I have been on for 7 months now promoting my new album) and such it's so hard to hang out like we normally would 4 years ago when we were thirteen. I miss those times, you know? So what do you say?" Alex questioned.
"Sure, whatever Alex." I replied.
"Thanks Carly! How about I come over around twelve o' clock?"
" Yeah, yeah that's fine. Just let me finish my dream about becoming Mrs.Espinosa."
"Cool. Matt Espinosa is bae. Ok talk to you later. Bye." We were on the same exact wave length.About Matt Espinosa of course. We were kind of always in sync and it is kinda crazy.
"Bye." I hung up the phone and set I back down on the dark wood night stand beside my bed. I then tucked my arm back inside of my warm, fluffy blanket and dozed back off into my "I do's". Next thing you know, it's 11:34. I rushed to the shower because quite frankly, I smelled like a pig who rolled in mud, bathed in poop, and just rubbed socks on himself that have been worn nonstop for 500 years. I mean it's true. So I took my best shower gel (Pumpkin Spice) , and rubbed it all over me. The hot water trickled down my back which felt so good. I shampooed my hair with Pantene, rinsed it off and hopped out of the shower. I looked inside my closet to check if there were any cute clothes in there. Yup. There was. I was obsessed with my bleached denim Hollister jeans and put on a white peplum crop top on from Pacsun. I also put on a glittery statement necklace I found from Amazon.com. I sprayed pumpkin perfume all over me (since it is Fall and I love pumpkin everything), and I took my wavy blonde hair and placed it in the perfect position in a high ponytail. I grabbed the rubber band around my wrist and wrapped it around. Once, twice, three times. Then came the fourth. It snapped like a twig. It went flying across my room like a boomerang. Then it finally landed on one of my Teen Vogue magazines and luckily it didn't break anything. But my hair though, it was a complete mess. It was all shuffled around into a big poofy knot because the remainder of the rubber band got stuck in a big clump of my hair. I checked my phone and to my dismay it was 11:57. Oh no. I brushed out as quickly as I could only creating more tangles. Ok, plan B. I grabbed another rubber band and just re-tied it around my hair. Ok so I made a topknot bun but it was more like a giant poofball on the top of my head. And then I thought to myself, you know what? Just forget it. I started walking downstairs as the doorbell cued me in. Alex stood impatiently at my steps as I let her in and shut the door behind me.
"So.. Uh Alex? What do you wanna do first? Paint nails? Makeovers? Scary movies? Prank calls?" I haven't talked to her face to face in a while since I was so busy with my Lets Just Chill Tour it's really hard to keep in touch. "Sure, sure lets just go paint our nails." We walked upstairs as I lead her to my stash of nail polishes.
"Pick a color, Alex."
"Uh," she paused. She was probably standing in awe from the billions of colors I have. ( Well, 5,382 to be exact. ) "I will take purple and blue stripes." She finally said.
"Kay, I will have pink and white tip with gold stripes on one finger." A diff we went painting our nails. We gossiped all the way until our nails were dry and perfect. Until the subject of boys came up.
"Ok, so there is this really cute guy at our school named Brett Kimmer and he's a freshman. He's super sweet and he won first place in the school-wide race. He's also student of the month for the school and he's won 10 gold medals in lacrosse. He has blonde hair and brown eyes. He's so dreamy. I want to be Mrs.Kimmer. Do you know him?" Alex asked.
"No, I don't know him. But he sounds super cute." Okay, truthfully I do know him. And actually he's a good friend of mine. Ok, I have a itsy bitsy crush on him. Ok so maybe I like him a lot. And maybe he likes me back. And maybe we slow danced together. And there might be a slight possibility that we kissed. And perhaps he asked me out. And maybe we have been dating for 1 year already. And maybe we already made out at least a dozen times. Is that bad? Eh, probably not. Who cares, right?
"Is there anybody you have a crush on Carly? Well, besides Matt Espinosa." She giggled as I started my sentence. "Yeah, sort of," I was gonna leave out the tiny details. "Ok so his name is Brent Kimmely. He's super nice and he has brown hair and blue eyes. He kinda sounds like Brett. Funny huh?" I chuckled and I looked quickly to the side (that's what I do when I get nervous). I could already tell she was getting suspicious. Being the terrible liar that I am, who wouldn't tell that I was making up this person that sounds exactly like Brett? "How old is he? Do you have his number? How tall is he? What school does he go to? Is he a freshman? Or is he Brett?!? YOU LIAR!!! YOU LIKE BRETT AND YOU TOLD ME YOU DIDNT KNOW BRETT! I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS?!? I JUST GOT TO SEE YOU WHILE YOU ARE STILL DOING THE LETS JUST CHILL TOUR AND THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS LIE TO ME?!?" She yelled. Its sorta ironice because my mom yelled at me for having a speck of dirt on the floor but not when my best friend tells all over the place so loud that Kansas can hear.
"Well, technically, we started out painting our nails." That was a bad idea to talk back to a raging girl who's head is about to explode. Good choice, Carly.
"You're missing the point Carly. You lied to me. I can't believe you would do that. You know what, bye. Don't expect me to talk to you again." She packed up her stuff and left. I was left sitting on my pillow in awe surrounded my colorful splashes of nail polish as I thought to myself, you really messed up this one Carls.