Chapter Three: FUCK WHAT'S BEST

Sunday, 2:17am (Aria's P.O.V)

OK, so maybe I wasn't so normal before all of this happened. I tried to forget my past. The reason my family moved to the United States, an entire ocean away from home. However, that wasn't very easy, especially right now. When I saw his face flashbacks hit me like a wave.

I saw me and him, we were little. We were at the house, who's owners used to babysit us when my parents worked and we didn't have kinder garden because of snow or holiday breaks or because it was summer. I saw them killing the other children. I saw me running through the house towards the door. My younger brother sitting by it. I tried to convince him to come with me, I even tried carrying him but it didn't work. I left him, I ran home to call the police and my parents, but when I came back with all of them- he was gone.

"Benjamin?" I said hoping it's him, that he survived, that all this time we thought he was dead, he was really alive.

"Aria...." he said.

It was him! I ran up to him and hugged him. He hasn't changed much, except now he was taller, around my height, and his voice sounded different. But I couldn't forget his face, ever. He hugged me back and we just stood there crying. At some point our legs gave in and we went down onto our knees, but we didn't let go.

Then it hit me and I remembered what Kate just said. Ben was......he.....he was a vampire. And since we had the same blood running through our veins, he wasn't a normal vampire either. He was a descendent. Another person in danger, another person the wolfs would love to have a bite of. But I won't let that happen.

"Is this real?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure myself" he said.

We finally let go and I saw tears were going down his face, just like tears were going down mine.

"Who changed you?" I asked him.

He stayed silent.

"That doesn't matter" I said "How are we gonna tell this to our parents?".

"Aria......I remember mom and dad, and I know I must have loved them but....." he was saying.

"What are you saying?" I cut him off.

"I grew up with a different family, they found me after I ran away from the kidnappers, took care of me after what happened. I don't think it's a good idea for me to go back into our old family. My current family would miss me and after years of thinking I was dead, how would our real parents react?" he said.

He was right. He is alive but our parents will never know. It's better that they don't.

"What's going on here?" he asked.

"I'm gathering all the vampires and making them my allies. The wolfs are trying to kill me and I promised that if the vampires help me kill the wolfs, I'll be their leader. That's the roles Descendents play. You and me are both Descendents" I said.

"I don't know if I'll stay here" he said.

"But you just moved here" I said.

"Yes, but if I live close to you and our real parents, there will be a high risk of us running into each other eventually" he said.

Once again, he was right. It made me angry. Something like this happens, I learn that my brother isn't really dead but he will never be part of our family again and I have to live with the burden of not telling our parents.

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE!" I sobbed. "I JUST GOT YOU BACK!"

"I can't, this is what's best" he said.

"FUCK WHAT'S BEST!" I screamed "YOUR NOT LEAVING ME, YOU CAN'T!"

"Why not?" he said "You left me. Or did you forget?"

That hurt me more than anything else he could have said. He blamed me for leaving him and him being kidnapped. I started shaking. I was holding onto him so hard my hands hurt. He started getting up and I let go of him, then I sat on the floor and watched him run away.

Before he turned around to run, I saw a tear go down his cheek. Kate closed the door and helped me up. She put her hands around me and looked at me with concern. David came closer and I started sobbing again and pulled away from Kate. David grabbed me and put his hands on my cheeks.

"Calm down, it's going to be okay" he said.

"NOOOO, NO IT'S NOT!! WHY ARE YOU LYING TO ME?" I said between sobs.

"Allow me to try brother" Kate said and David turned me around towards her.

She came closer and I tried looking away but she grabbed my chin and made me look at her. Her pupils were larger and I knew she was going to use compulsion on me.

"Aria, sweetheart, I command you to calm down" she said.

Just like that, I stopped sobbing.

"Good. Now, your not going to worry about your brother. You totally agree with his decision and support him moving away" she said.

Suddenly I wasn't worried about Ben anymore. He's right about not joining our family back and it's best if he moves out.

"He blamed me" I whispered and a final tear went down my cheek.

Then I wiped it off and the sadness changed into anger.

"He blamed me!! It wasn't my fault!" I said.

"Aria, stop it. He's still your brother, no matter what" Kate said.

"NO!" I screamed, "We might have the same blood running through our veins but he was NEVER my brother! My brother would be there in my life. He wouldn't blame me. He would want to stay".