Chapter 3

Johnny Storm

The orange cloud shoots through the barrier on the platform that is supposed to protect us. I fling myself in front of Scar and we scream out as we're thrown back from the impact of the storm. Scar lands with me and then she is thrown away from my grip even when I try to grab for her. I wanted to scream out her name, but I couldn't. Waves of heat bounce off my body and it feels like I'm absorbing them.

I hear a pipe break and see it spraying all over her. I try to move, but I can't move anywhere. I notice her stumbling over to me and then collapsing on me. I sigh in relief because I know I have got her. Spots cloud my vision and I hear yelling, but I black out before I can comprehend what it said.

***

I walk up startled. My bed sheets are soaked with my sweat. I jump out of the bed looking around the room curiously. A nurse comes into the room and I see her eyeing me up because I'm sexy.

"Oh look, you're awake." She says and I decide to turn on the charms for her.

"Hey, Sweet cheeks you're looking good in the outfit." I wink at her and I see a blush creep up her face. I smile seductively at her. I walk out of the room after I finished talking to her and walk down the hall. I walk into a random room and I spot Scar laying there. I sit down next to her and grab her hand. I look down at her pale form.

"Hey Scar. I know you're probably out of it but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry." I let out a whoosh of air. "You were my best friend but I ended up betraying that trust. I went against you, using everything that you told me about yourself. I just hope that you'll forgive me for all I've done." A tear slips down my cheek and I look down at our hands. Her hand reaches up and wipes the tear of my face. She must've heard the whole thing.

"Oh Johnny, I forgive you." She croaks out and I let out a weak smile. I rub my thumb over her hand in circles and she lets out a deep breath.

"You need to get some more sleep, Scar." I say looking into her tired eyes. She nods and closes her eyes. I reach my hand up and trace her face. Her eyes open up again as I run my hand through her hair. "Good night, Scar." And she laughs while I leave the room.

Scarlett POV

"Jooohnny!" I hear a roar from Ben. I sit up in bed as fast as I hear the roar. I suddenly ache in pain and I look around. My room is covered with flowers. Lilies, roses, gardenias and more. I inhale their fresh scent and smile in pleasure as it had filled the air. I hear the door creep open and a nurse walks in.

"How are you feeling, Sweetheart?" she asks me. She looks me over for any possible injuries that I could have.

"I ache all over, but other than that I'm good." I move around in the bed and wince as I sit back against the head board. My back feels like it's on fire. She walks up to me and pushes a thermometer into my mouth.

"Well Darlin', I'll have the doctor come in here and he'll give you something for the pain. But right now I need to check your temperature and we'll make sure you don't have a fever." She says while scribbling notes on her clipboard.

BEEP!

I take the thermometer out of my mouth and into her pocket in the apron she is wearing. I jump up from the bed ignoring the searing pain in my back. I run out and immediately bump into Reed in the hallway. I begin to fall, but he catches me in his arms.

I stand up and straighten my clothes out. I look at Reed and then tilt my head looking at him confused. Why does he have grey in his hair? He looks at me and I just change my face so my brother doesn't think there is anything wrong with him.