Chapter 7

Testing Johnny

"You could set the world on fire Johnny!" Susan says as we stare at a naked Johnny covered in foam, surrounded by a titamium box which is melted from the heat that he can withstand.

"Destroy all plant and human life!" I say after her trying to make a point that she shouldn't get that hot because it could be the end of the world. He was just at four thousand kelvin and it was getting a little to bright and hot for us. Well not me. My body cooled me down easily. I'm just that cool!

"Okay, Supernova bad!" Johnny smiles and puts his thumbs up and I can't help but laugh at him. He is such a littl ekid at times. I walk around and look at the metal titanium that Johnny just melted. It's like rolled back from the heat. I place my hand on it and it steams.

Later in the day.

"So Reed have any ideas on a cure to find this?" I ask him. I am in a room with Sue and Reed. They're working on Sue's powers of invisibility and maybe force fields.

"Not yet but we hav-"He starts, but is interupted by Johnny who walks in with a burnt shirt.

"Guys we have a problem." Johnny points to the shirt he is wearing. It iis charred with multiple holes through it. I groan always Johnny who interupts everything.

"-have ideas on our suits." Reed then finishes. I stare at him and smirk. How convenient.

"Right on time, Johnny." I smirk and he looks at me. He puts on his heart stopping smile and I roll my eyes at him.

"How are you, beautiful?" He smirks and puts an arm around me like I'm his friend. I look up at him with a fake smile and elbow him in the stomach as hard as I could. He bends over holding his stomach in pain.

"My arms a little sore, but I know it was used for a good purpose." I laugh and Johnny sends a glare my way while Reed gets reappears with the suits that we used on the ship in space.

"Not those again!" I groan and stomp my feet like a child. Reed hands them to all of us and we change into our suits. I walk back out into the living room and see Ben sitting there. Ben looks at all of us and begins to laugh with his loud voice. I can practically hear, yes I mean hear, The Baxter Building rumble.

"You guys look like an eighties rock band!" He continues on laughing and I join in with him. We do look like smurfs.

"You know Ben if they can stretch on us maybe they could stretch on you." Sue says and he abruptly ends out laughing. I laugh watching his reaction. He cringes and speaks.

"I wouldn't be caught dead in that!" I laugh harder and then end when everyone is looking at me.

"What!?" I ask and then they continue on. I feel so left out of the group. Maybe it's because I was almost taken, kidnapped by men and beat up in an alley. I guess I'm the only one that it happened to in this group. It makes my mood go down a little thinking of what happened.

"These costumes look like they're missing something. I just can put my finger on it." Johnny says and I know what he's thinking.

"Costumes? These are not costumes unless we were pretending to be astronauts on the ship, at the space station while we were wearing these 'costumes'." I say making costumes sound like it was disease.

"Thank you, Scarlett." Reed agrees with me. We didn't go up to space for show. We went up to help the future, find cures for kids and cancer.

The Next Morning.

"There is something off today." I say to myself as I wonder around the halls curiously looking for the difference that I can feel, but I can't spot. Then I hear Ben begin to roar. That's it! Where is Johnny?