Chapter 10

I didn't go to school for the next two days, staying mostly in my room while convincing my mother I was sick. After that horrid day of school was over I got home as quickly as I could, going up to my room while I frantically kicked off my shoes, flopping onto my bed and instantly falling asleep.

I didn't feel like getting out of bed the next morning. The next two days I even faked a bad cough and stayed away from texting anyone even though Sage and Payton texted me frequently, even in our group chat, which I replied saying I was sick and wasn't going to school. Which they understood completely finally not bombarding me with texts.

The next two days were exactly what I needed to get my mind off things, even though the continuous Netflix binging did help a lot. It felt good not being in crowded halls or being around multiple teenagers at a time, which made me even happier that this was my last year of high school

Today was happily a Friday, and also the last day of the month signally that a month of school has finally gone by. I was happy when I got my full 8 hours of sleep before getting up out of my bed, I checked my phone seeing that Payton texted me multiple times reminding me about the big game. Our school's football game between our rivals was tonight, and our school always got pumped for this game seeing we only play them twice a year

When I got to school everyone was dressed in our school colors, Me included. Lunch was hectic as always as Me, Payton and Sage sat with Matt and his football buddies. Matt was pumped to see Payton wearing his jersey, proudly showing off that, that was his girlfriend. The football guys always wore their letterman's jacket while their girlfriends wore their jerseys for good luck. A lot of girls always tried to get a jersey from any unclaimed guy on the football team, which always made me roll my eyes seeing as that's ridiculous, but it soon became a tradition that every football player had to give someone their jersey for good luck, because if not we'd most likely lose. Which I believe is bullshit.

I dreaded having to go to my History class seeing as though I'd have to constantly think about the boy in the back of the classroom while I was trying so hard to avoid his eyes when he'd walked into class. Daxton and Trevor were always late, which I think is driving our teacher mad.

Me and Payton sat at our desk silently doing our work until our teacher decided to call out names for an assignment we had to do in pairs. I instantly crossed my fingers please not him, please not him, ples-

"Can we pick our own partners!" a boy yelled out loud.

I snapped out of my thoughts immediately as everyone began to join in agreeing

"No!, now settle down and let me call names" Mr. Willams said, with a stern look, the students groaned. Me included. I didn't wanna do partners. But if we could choose who it was I'd obviously pick Payton.

I looked over to her. Seeing our eyes connected. Which she shrugged in response because, to be honest, I don't think Payton minds being with other people seeing she can really be a social butterfly if she had to be.

I waited nervously to hear my name called, fidgeting quietly with my nails on the desk while my thoughts began to pile up in my head causing me a bit of a headache

"Darcy and Rylan Richardson" I let out a breath of relief, thank god. Our teacher turned to me nodding his head to the back.

I looked behind my shoulder, slowing peeking a look in the back.

I saw Rylan who seemed surprisingly happy. Which i returned the smiled back gently before turning back around to face the front.

Daxon sat directly behind him. Which I was extremely grateful for Rylans head being in the way. So I couldn't see much of him. I was still feeling uneasy about what happened between us in the classroom