Sixteen

i followed zane into the coffee shop as i was looking down at my phone smiling at some silly text david had just sent me, i looked up at zane who was ordering our drinks and i made my way over to a table. i noticed a couple of girls looking over at me, duh i had just came in here with zane. i felt shy and i gave them a small wave and looked over at zane who was walking back. "i think you have some fans here" i said winking at him but he shook his head, "no WE have some fans here" he said sipping his coffee.

"whatever" i said rolling my eyes at him, "im literally no one to fan over." i spoke thanking him for my coffee and pulling some paper work out.

"yeah right youre literally my bffl and davids girlfriend" he spoke but i hushed him quickly while looking around to make sure they didnt catch wind of said words. his eyes widened at my reaction, "you guys still havent told people??" he asked and i nodded, "no..we've only been together like 3 months" i said shrugging and pointing to a spot he needed to sign.

"i know but like, he seems so head over heels inlove with you im just shocked.. plus his fans are like magical inspectors, they find out everything. they knew david liked liza before david knew he did." zane spoke chuckling at himself but i shifted in the words he spoke. everytime she was brought up i felt incredibly insecure. ill never be the liza fans are wanting. i dont know how to be as amazing as she was.

"whats on your mind rosie" zane said as he handed the paper work back to me to put away. i double checked the documents to make sure he didnt miss one. i placed them back into my folder and sighed as i put my face into my hands.

"i dont know zane i just, sometimes i think im not liza why am i even with david" i said still being careful of my words of whos around. we had planned on telling fans officially but he always got worried. he claimed for my sake, he didnt want others to be mean to me. but, they are now. so whats the difference? liza. shes the difference.

"dont say that rosalie you know that isnt true, davids fans can be rough sometimes. but the real ones are the ones that will stand out more than the hate, they support david in everything i swear. all that he does is for the ones that comment 'david have you ate your chipotle today' vs the ones that are like 'whos that bitch', he pays no attention to them. you shouldnt either" he said placing his hand on mine, making my current thought just oh so much more real.

"zane" i spoke as he hummed looking up at me. i placed my hands around my cup taking a drink, "hes like the best thing that could have possibly happened to me.." i spoke taking a gulp as zane nodded, "do you, think he doesnt want to announce us because of liza?" i asked as he looked at me for a few moments. he looked around the small warm coffee shop. he took off his hat and wiped his hair back then replaced his hat back on his head.

"to tell you the truth rosalie, i dont know" he spoke shrugging, "maybe? that would make sense.. maybe hes scared shed be hurt by it?" he said asking me wondering if were thinking the same thing.

"she left him, she broke his heart" i shot back him feeling my cheeks turn red. the thought of someone crushing his beautiful soul makes me want to cry.

zane nodded in agreement, "that she did.. but if it wasnt for that then you guys wouldnt be where you are. if david wanted to be with her rosie, he would be. i can promise you that. he looks at you like if he looks away he will forget how to breathe." zane said as i leaned back in my seat. the coldness made me shiver a little.

"i think if i lost david i wouldnt know what to do" i said as i looked up at the clock ticking away. every moment that passed could be another to closer to david leaving.

"i dont think youll lose him rosalie, that boy loves you more than he likes vlogging me drunk." he said as we both bursted out in laughs, "now that is saying something" i giggled running my hands through my hair.

"just enjoy life rose, dont worry about the past. its you and david now. so let it be just you and him" he smiled at me and i nodded, he was right. david and i could run in circles for days on end over this conversation, but i would rather just be happy with him. i reached across the table and squeezed his hand, "thank you zane" i said as he took a drink of his coffee acting like hes flipping his fake long hair, "im the best" he gleamed as i laughed at him.

zane dropped me off at davids and i walked up to the door. i reached for the handle but slowly reached away. i felt like if i go in there ill ruin everything. i backed away slowly looking to see if zane had left, and he did. i let out a deep breath and paced by the front door. my thumb nail was placed between my lips. the door flung open, "Rose bud!" david spoke with his contagious smile appearing on his face.

"hi" i said softly back to him. he leaned against the door frame and crossed is arms. "whats got you all worked up?" he asked as i was still pacing in front of the door. my cheeks flushed red as i stopped and my hands awkwardly wiped on my sides.

"nothing" i said walking up to him. his arms wrapped around my waist, they tickled my sides as his head rested on my shoulder. i held him so tight in my grip, i always was worried eventually one of these times would be the last.

"i missed you" he murmured into my shoulder as i pulled away and we walked inside.

"did you?" i asked taking a seat on the couch as he took off his hat and sat down next to me. he laughed and smiled at me, "i did" he did as i smiled back him and nodded.

"i missed you too" i said as i put my feet up on his lap and he rubbed them gently.

"how was your day with zane?" he asked his head leaning against the couch looking at me. zane was right he did look at me like the whole world was standing in front of him.

"good, really good" i said as he nodded listening to me, it was good. zane was right...hes always right. ill never tell him that though, that is too good of a thumbnail. we sat in silence for a while just watching a movie.

"david" i whispered not wanting to interrupt his deep thought he had been in.

"yeah baby?" he asked turning his attention back to me. his eyes were dark underneath and his hair was messy.

"Are you happy?" i asked as the words came out, not even meaning to. he looked over at me in and a smile pulled up on his lips, "happy? here? with you all cuddled up next to me on my couch and knowing i get to wake up next to you in the morning?" he asked as i smiled and nodded at him.

"im the happiest man alive" he said as he pressed his lips against mine. i could never imagine hurting such a wonderful soul. i could never hurt david. he was everything but dark. he was such a shining person in everything he did. even when he cried he lit up my world so elegantly.